• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Electronic personal cigar taster

whylieineedacigar

Yolalatlpwry
I received an email today from famous smoke advertising this thing. It's an electronic cigar taster that you plug into your computer and supposedly lets you sample the flavor profile of a cigar before you buy it. All you need to do is click on a picture of a cigar in their website and the information of that cigar is then transferred to the electronic cigar where you can take a puff at it. This EPCT is $99 bucks and once the solutions in the cigar are used you need to send the whole thing back to them and they will send you another one.

What do you guys think about it? Sounds like horse crap to me.
http://www.famous-smoke.com/special-offers/epct-blend-masters/?emk=EMS3314&utm_source=TuesdaySale&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ePCT&utm_content=EMS3314

It looks like a good idea.  I would be interested in seeing how it works first.

I would also be curious as to how much a "replacement" ePCT costs after the solution is all used up.

I'm skeptical on the accuracy of course, but it's interesting.

Does it accurately reflect poor draw, lack of smoke, and poor construction on crap cigars too? :laugh:

I want to try the Mexican Fauxhiba flavor line.

Brickhouse said:
I'm skeptical on the accuracy of course, but it's interesting.

Does it accurately reflect poor draw, lack of smoke, and poor construction on crap cigars too? :laugh:

I actually thought about all of those factors. I also thought about which part of the cigar does this EPCT mimics, first third, second third, etc, or does it just bombs you will the whole flavor profile at once.

All kidding aside, I figure why bother if you feel the need to go electronic cigars. I understand that there are some health risk involved with cigars, even though less than cigarettes. But, I like the feel, texture, ad smell of a cigar and it's smoke produced.

That, and studies are showing these ecigs aren't as safe as they make you think. A co-worker of mine bought one of them recently. He thought it was cool to smoke in the truck while driving between clients. I finally had to tell him to knock it off. That secondhand vapor shit is like breathing in burning antifreeze coming out a tail pipe of a car with blown head gaskets. Literally takes your breath away. You would have thought he would of figured it out with all of the coughing I was doing.

Does i come with a Hai Karate attachment for sampling the Acid line?

bfreebern said:
What the hell is this :laugh:
“You can milk the anal glands so you can extract the fluid,” Crawford said. “You can squirt [castoreum] out. It’s pretty gross.”
jfields said:
All kidding aside, I figure why bother if you feel the need to go electronic cigars. I understand that there are some health risk involved with cigars, even though less than cigarettes. But, I like the feel, texture, ad smell of a cigar and it's smoke produced.

That, and studies are showing these ecigs aren't as safe as they make you think. A co-worker of mine bought one of them recently. He thought it was cool to smoke in the truck while driving between clients. I finally had to tell him to knock it off. That secondhand vapor shit is like breathing in burning antifreeze coming out a tail pipe of a car with blown head gaskets. Literally takes your breath away. You would have thought he would of figured it out with all of the coughing I was doing.

I think these electronic cigars are only for sampling a cigar before you buy it and they need to be plugged to the computer unlike a regular electronic cigarette. Let's hope they don't come out with a cigar version of the electronic cigarette.

Sounds like too much work and taking the excitement out of the look in your face after you smoked a dog rocket. I like the old fashion way of smoking it too see if I like it.

whylieineedacigar said:
What the hell is this :laugh:
You can milk the anal glands so you can extract the fluid, Crawford said. You can squirt [castoreum] out. Its pretty gross.
jfields said:

I think these electronic cigars are only for sampling a cigar before you buy it and they need to be plugged to the computer unlike a regular electronic cigarette. Let's hope they don't come out with a cigar version of the electronic cigarette.
They've been out...

http://www.electriccigars.net
Someone else came on here attempting to hawk them, but I'm too lazy to do a search.

Holy crap John did you read that whole article? They are so full of it and here are just a few BS lines:

"more cigar aficionados are switching to this new way to enjoy a cigar without the ash, smoke, or leftover stink!"

"The reality is that most of us only take about 10 drags then toss the poor thing. What a waste!"

"The e-cigar featured here taste just like a Cuban or Havana cigar in the Corona style (hence, the Cuvana e cigar is born) and in fact has more flavor, missing though is the smoke itself as it is now replaced by a flavored vapor and the taste of the tobacco leaf on your lips."

You have got to be kidding me. Just by reading such remarks I would never purchase their product. I wonder what kind of dog rocket he smoked before he came out with this product since he only took about 10 drags and tossed the poor thing (I assume he is talking from personal experience).

By the way, my original post is in fact an April fools joke :D