• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Esencia Belicoso 5-1/2" x 52 rg

Ginseng

Banned
Esencia Belicoso 5-1/2" x 52 rg, Nicaraguan puro

I was very generously gifted this cigar by a CigarPass member. Thank you sir! I should preface the review by saying that the cigar had been a bit squished at some point but the wrapper and cigar were intact.

Prelight Impressions
This is an attractive cigar with a ruddy, oily, colorado maduro wrapper. The construction was of high quality but the cigar seemed a bit underfilled resulting in a slightly spongy feel when rolling between the fingers. There wasn't much prelight aroma of any kind. Just light tobacco was detectable. I cut the head revealing a 3/8" opening and took a few draws which revealed...not much.

The Smoking
Upon lighting, the first few puffs were full of black peppery spice with a touch of sweetness. After about the first inch, the cigar settled down to a solid base of good quality medium light to medium tobacco with a predominantly woody character. Pepper was still present and tickled the nose. The tobacco, though not rich, was lively and bright with a slightly dry mouth feel. The burn was consistent and straight and the ash was fluffy and medium-dark gray.

After the first half, the flavor remained clean, gentle to the palate. The trailing smoke from the foot of the cigar was mild with a bright sharpness. The flavor was quite delicate, a tad one dimensional, but well delineated and crisp with a little lively tang to it.

The Finish
This cigar was far from lush and full-bodied. However, construction and tobacco quality were both top notch. The Esencia Belicoso delivered light, bright tobacco flavor, was consistent and consistent if a bit boring. Overall, this was a pleasant but unexciting cigar.

Wilkey

(IMG:http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/Gins...s/Esencia01.jpg)

Nice review Wilkey! Sounds a bit light for my tastes, but I'm always willing to give quality tobacco a try.

Wilkey,

Thank you very much for the review. I had the opportunity to smoke an Esencia PC, a gift from a generous BOTL a.k.a myself, on the drive from Atlanta to Knoxville. I have to say that the cigar was pleasant yet underwhelming.

I will certainly try the Escencia line another time or two just to make sure that my driving didn't unduly distract me from its subtleties.

-Mark