• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Everyday smoke?

Stormtrooper

Again, I’m very much a novice. Most mornings, I will enjoy a Nub Connecticut or a Nub Cameroon with my coffee, and they usually get me to work. After work, I like to sit out on the back deck and enjoy a bigger, not necessarily better, stick after supper. Anyway, I’d like to know what y’all enjoy as your morning/everyday “go-to” smoke?

See that revolver gun I'm wearing, got six bullets. It ain't that simple brother, but, Fuente 8-5-8 is very decent.

Nub is an easy go to for me. If I want to get fancy (and expensive), a Davidoff Nicaragua is an easy reach as well. Even the little baby smokes are good.

I always enjoy something new. Sometimes they are better than others but even for every day, something I haven’t had before is cool.

I smoke more San Cristobal Fabulosos than anything else, as many here know. 😂

Probably close to two boxes a month. A bit spendy on a schoolteacher's salary but I decided a long time ago not to GAF.

AJ Fernandez New World, Flores de Antillas Maduro, My Father The Judge & Illusione Ultra are my other main go to's. Spendier stuff is generally either God of Fire or Opus X.

~Boar

For 'offshore' AM smokes, it's hard to beat the Party Short or the Por Larranga PLPC. Only thing with these is you need to let them sit for a couple years to really dig the full potential of the smoke. For others, I recently discovered Warped Corto...amazing. Last but not least by a long shot, the Tatuaje Miami Petite Cazadores Reserva is just amazing, and priced reasonably. AM with a French Press 99% of the time is with one of those.

Afternoon sticks are all over the map....hard to narrow the choices down to a handful.

For an everyday smoke, I would choose either an Alec Bradley Black Market Robusto, or a Ramon Bueso Genesis Habano Robusto.

For 'offshore' AM smokes, it's hard to beat the Party Short or the Por Larranga PLPC. Only thing with these is you need to let them sit for a couple years to really dig the full potential of the smoke. For others, I recently discovered Warped Corto...amazing. Last but not least by a long shot, the Tatuaje Miami Petite Cazadores Reserva is just amazing, and priced reasonably. AM with a French Press 99% of the time is with one of those.

Afternoon sticks are all over the map....hard to narrow the choices down to a handful.
Agree with the Party Shorts and the PLPC’s... cheaper than most premium non Cubans (at around $5 a piece), and much much better... (IMEHO)

Party Shorts, all the way! Couldn't agree with you more BBS....such a nice Sunday morning smoke with a cup of coffee. Or a general smoke when time is short! Never had a Por Larranga....but I've heard fantastic things!

Rafael Gonzales PCs are killing it for me lately. A bit more rustic than the PLPC and Monte 4 that I love with morning coffee.

For me, Arturo Fuente Curly Heads Claro.
1600285296435.png

The reason why? When I'm out feeding cattle and horses if it gets squished, rained on, set on the bumper of the truck and forgotten, smoked while coon hunting with the bluetick hounds, trout fishing in Colorado, golfing in Vegas,shooting empty whiskey/bourbon bottles...whatever...no problem. It's a decent smoke and I give them to a few buddies and if they don't smoke it(chew on it) to just a few puffs and throw it away...no big deal.

If the mood hits me for a Cuban, lately I smoke Partagas Presidentes or Hoyo Elegantes

Last edited:
Agree with all the other ISOM morning stick suggestions so far and will add the Fonseca Delicias. Very price conscious and a creamy smoke to go with your coffee.

Again, I’m very much a novice. Most mornings, I will enjoy a Nub Connecticut or a Nub Cameroon with my coffee, and they usually get me to work. After work, I like to sit out on the back deck and enjoy a bigger, not necessarily better, stick after supper. Anyway, I’d like to know what y’all enjoy as your morning/everyday “go-to” smoke?
I prefer to buy from B&Ms, but Famous has a cigar from Oliva called Inferno. An excellent cigar for about $3.00 each... tastes like a Oliva V.