• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fathers Day

pulse746

Father's Day is right around the corner and it has had me thinking. There is really no better way to enjoy a cigar than with my dad, talking business, school, and life in general. How many of you guys have fond memories of the same thing? And do current fathers enjoy smoking with their sons/daughters?

My son is 14 months old right now...but I do look forward to when he gets to be in his 20's and we can share some good cigars.

My dad doesn't smoke and my kids are way too young.  My 2 year old does enjoy going into the humi with me when I grab a cigar.  Sometimes she will stick her head in a box and take a whiff.

Pretty much my routine as well... definitely bond over cigars... though at times I think he just uses me for my ISOMs...lol

My Brother too...!
Anytime I get with either of them it's the best smokes I got.

I try to sit down and smoke a cigar with my dad every time I go home, just me and him.  Doesn't always work out now that I have two kids but I absolutely cherish our father/son time whenever we get a chance.  I use the time to try to get him to talk about his younger days; growing up as some rowdy kid getting into trouble with his friends, stories about my great-grandparents and other family members I never had the chance to know and serving with the Marines in Vietnam in 1965-1966.  I love the fact that whenever it is just the two of us he always asks, "how are you REALLY doing?"  Gives me a chance to vent about work, family, etc. and then he always shares some similar experience and/or leaves me with some great advice.  I really love the old man and the time we get to share together.

Eric  

Setharsis said:
My son is 14 months old right now...but I do look forward to when he gets to be in his 20's and we can share some good cigars.
Wait....you don't let your one year old have a nice stogie every now and then?!?

pulse746 said:

Wait....you don't let your one year old have a nice stogie every now and then?!?

I have to blend it into his baby food...

Yeah I think about my dad all the time. He died when I was 18, his 3 rd heart attack. He was 50.

I doubt we'd be smoking cigars but I'd love to have that how you really doing conversation.

Peace. Enjoy the day!!

Normally I am commanded by the war department to play golf, have lunch, a beer,  a few cigars and great conversations with the boys.  I obey.  Then we have my dad over for something to eat.  He is now 90 and doesn't smoke cigars or anything but will have a small Manhattan with me.

My kids are old enough, but they don't smoke. My youngest son used to smoke cigars, but he insisted on smoking an Opus X Petite Lancero on an empty stomach one day and hasn't smoked since. :whistling: We have other ways to commemorate our relationships.

Doc

My son still smokes very occasionally. Maybe this year I can share a couple of Juan Lopez PCs with him. We'll see.

My Dad is still alive in his eighties but gave up tobacco completely when diagnosed with COPD and the only thing he inhales is O2 from his tank. Still walks a mile a day or so.

Before his heart attack, I used to have a cigar with my dad every time I saw my parents. 

I'm looking forward to enjoying my first Father's Day this year.  Very excited to brew some beer and then have dinner with my father and enjoy a cigar of some kind.  Usually every year we enjoy a My Father stick of some kind together.