• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FFOX Millenium Humidor and cigar set

cigarseller

Hello, I actually have a question regarding a humidor and cigar set that I recently recieved. I don't personally have the knowledge about keeping cigars, and collecting cigars, but I do know that I don't want these cigars to be wasted, or destroyed because I cannot care for them. The set is a Prometheus Millenium FFOX set. The humidor is yellow, and it does have the certificate of authenticity. This is number 27 of 60 yellow of a total set of 200. I didn't even want to take the humidor out of the box or velvet wrap because I didn't want to damage it, or scratch it. I am looking to sell this, but I don't know much about the value of it. Does anyone have any information about these, online I've tried dozens of searches, but nothing specific came up about the set I have.
There are also a few small boxes of cigars, and from what I can tell, has all of the original cigars still with it, and still packaged.

Here's some pictures of what it is, sorry about the quality, but I don't have a very good digital camera.

Please let me know if you have any resorces for me before I sell this set, I don't want to just ebay it, because than someone will end up buying it, and possibly not taking care of it. I'd rather know it went to a collector who will care for it.

anyone have some popcorn? this is gonna be good....

I'm all over this I got $50 for the box, I would probably throw those nasty imitations away!

KayakinBoy, I did get the info from the first link from prometheus' website, but the other two links are for different year models. I was hoping someone had some other info on them. Or is that all I really need to know about it to be able to sell to a collector, do collectors want other information? Also, I really don't want to get ripped off, I know the sets sold new for around $5,000.00, and I also know three sets went on auction for $17,000.00 including a trip to meet the manufacture, so where might a set without a trip fit in?

The cigar's by the way, are not imitations as far as I can tell, all the bands look as authentic as any other I've seen. And they were given to me by a collector.

Well, someone wasn't all that nice to me, I got the set in place of payment, so now I'm looking to sell it to recover what I paid.

DAMN! Well now I'm in a pickle! Do I buy those cohibas from "travelshots" or should I save my money and buy these?!

decisions, decisions..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't try to rip him off. I would give him the full $100 they are going for around here.

Some guys are always looking to rip you off, so beware these guys....

ALostTexan

cigarseller said:
do collectors want other information?
[snapback]264676[/snapback]​

Collectors know all about this humidor.

ALostTexan said:
Don't try to rip him off. I would give him the full $100 they are going for around here.

Some guys are always looking to rip you off, so beware these guys....

ALostTexan
[snapback]264680[/snapback]​
I thought my offer was fair since I didn't want the cigars!

The boxes I believe are all part of the set, as the plaque is engraved with the number of the humidor, so I'd rather sell it all as one set, as they do all belong together.

You ought not risk Ebay, since Ebay and Paypal both will rake you over the coals if you sell tobacco.......

How much were you owed that this was given to you in payment for? Seems to me that is what it's worth. MSRP was $5,000. If you were owed substantially more than that you may need to grab a bat and try to get a bit more money. lol

well, I may need to get a bat than. so cigars and humidors don't really appreciate in value mrjinglesusa?

Joebob, I was looking to sell it private, or to a cigar store, depending on what the value of it is, I don't know if it's high enough for an auctionhouse, but I do know that a set was sold at auction in New York.

The real collectors of this brand are here .

That's the forum you ought to try and sell this one at. They're always looking for rare Fuente products.

tpntp said:

That's the forum you ought to try and sell this one at. They're always looking for rare Fuente products.
[snapback]264708[/snapback]​

Glad no one here is good enough... :( :rolleyes:

is this it then?

KB,

I'm sure many here are just as likely as the people at CF to buy such a thing.

I merely wanted to give our fellow BOTLs a chance to chime in on the subject.

:whistling:

tpntp said:
KB,

I'm sure many here are just as likely as the people at CF to buy such a thing.

I merely wanted to give our fellow BOTLs a chance to chime in on the subject.

:whistling:
[snapback]264711[/snapback]​

I'm just busting your chops... I'm sure ALOT of people over there would like to get there hands on this... just ask nicely for help! :D ;)

tpntp said:

[snapback]264708[/snapback]​

I echo those comments; definitely sell it on CF, lots of people there will be very interested in it.

Also if you don't know anything about taking care of the cigars, find a local shop and pay them to keep the cigars humidified. Despite being in sealed boxes, you do not want the cigars ruined by having them dry out on you.

How long have you had the cigars, and how long have they been sitting around not in a humidor?

cigarseller said:
well, I may need to get a bat than. so cigars and humidors don't really appreciate in value mrjinglesusa?
[snapback]264705[/snapback]​

Not as much as you might think. Some people might be interested in this as a collector's item (if it were #1/60) or simply for the cigars (which are, IMO, worth less than $5,000). Then again, I think you know full well how much this is worth and I think you know a thing or two about cigars. Otherwise, why would you accept this as payment for something if you...

...don't personally have the knowledge about keeping cigars, and collecting cigars...

Even enjoying cigars as much as I do, there is no way I would take this humidor instead of cash if someone owed me $5,000 or more.

Finally, I'd wager that those humidors that sold at auction for ~$17,000 each were #1/60 of each color. But that's just speculation. ;)

Good luck with your sale...