• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finally smoked my first Illusione

g-smoke

Silent but deadly
Finally got around to smoking an Illusione after hearing so much about them -- a little 68 Bombone.

I was a little concerned at first because I was getting no aroma from the stick before lighting. Not even a whiff of anything at the foot. But once I lit it up and starting smoking it didn't take long before all the flavors starting coming through.

Excellent little smoke with nutty and earthy flavors, a touch of spice on the palate and a slightly floral finish. The draw was slightly loose, but enough resistance to make it almost perfect to my tastes. I've heard some people describe some of their cigars as refreshing, and this one fits the bill. Can't wait to try the other one I picked up, a cg4.

I might not have tried this if not for being a part of this board -- thanks to all those who keep pimping these lovely sticks. Great, another pricey line of cigars to be addicted to.... (but well worth it)

I recently had a 88 that H311oLHD sent me. I had also never had one before. It was a great smoke, even more so then I expected. If the price was a little lower I would def stock up on these. I think for now I'll keep picking up samplers and singles to enjoy.

I keep telling people that these sticks easily end up being your go-to smokes. You should try the HL and the CG4

88's were my second box purchase.I love those damn things. I have an ECCJ on the way from Kevin at Silo. I can't wait to taste that stick.

I have to say that I haven't had an Illusione that I didn't like.

I really like the CG4's, MK's, and ECCJ's

I have to say that I haven't had an Illusione that I didn't like.

+ :thumbs:

I've gone through a box each of the 88 and cg4, and about half a box each of the Holy Lance and the ECCJ, and tried quite a few of the other sizes.

It's really, really hard to pick a favorite. But that ECCJ is something else.

In the larger sizes, the 4/2g is an amazing smoke. Black cherry flavors on the finish. :love:

Pricewise, I figure, what the heck, they're a less than either Tatuajes or San Cristobals. So I'm actually saving money by putting them into the rotation! :whistling:

~Boar

I had a 68 the other day and it was amazing. It was my first of the line and it wont be my last.

Dion did a great job on the Illusione cigars. My personally favs are the eccj.

I love the 88 and the mk, but my hands down favorite is the ~2~ Belicoso. I don't think it gets enough love in Illusione threads. :)

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the MK (Teachin' Machine). I smoked my first one on my wedding night and was very impressed with the cigars body and flavor. I haven't smoked any other vitolas from the brand so I am unable to comment on them but will always go back to the MK. Wonder why I don't have any in the humi though?

I bought two mk at Jack Schwartz in Chicago last year on a business trip. I smoked one of them while in my favorite place in America, Door County Wisconsin. It was great. Wonderful flavor in a small stick. If I could afford more of them I would buy them. I still have one left and plan on smoking it in July, one year after purchasing it.

Yet to smoke an MK or ECCJ, but I love what I've had so far. Mostly stick to CG4s and 888s, the 68s burn a little hot for me being so small, but they're still good.

Glad you liked it. I tend to favor the smaller gauge Illusiones

I'm with you Julius. I favor the Cg4 and mk. The only one that did not wow me was the Culebra.

G, I am glad you came to the dark side. LOL Enjoy them brother and try the Lancero as well.

I could not agree more with pretty much all of the posts in this thread. I love Illusiones. I have an ECCJ that is just calling my name!

I smoked an 88 a few days ago. It was a great smoke. If you havent had one yet, do your best to pick one up. I cant wait to pick up some more.