• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Box of Cigars

Thoughts

Forehead wrinkle king
I will soon be buying my first box of cigars to lay in the humidor. Up to this point, thanks to the guidance of all of you, I have tried some amazing singles and found some favorites (liga maestro mombacho, illusione cigares prive, romeo y julieta cedros no 2, padron, arturo fuente hemingway). However, I would like some input in this if you have any standouts. I'm aiming for regular cigars, as I am still around a $150-$175 budget, despite the amazing taste of some CC (little high for budget right now).

The amazing cigars you guys have shared had me wanting to find a good arturo fuente box of hemingways.....but they are sold out until November (also, the wood box itself looks amazing).

I wanted your input on a box of cigars that would be excellent for a beginner to age and test along the way.

JL#2's are very close to your price range, often found on sale, and age nicely. Depending on your own taste, they may be a good one. I have "several" boxes in the cabinet, resting up....:cool:

I think you're on the right track. You can't go wrong with a box of AF Hemingway's. Work of Art Maduo are my favorites and I can't believe their sold out everywhere. Try Famous or do a google search. ISOM sticks age better than NC's but if you only have one humidor I would think you'll be smoking them long before they have a chance to age.

I think you're on the right track. You can't go wrong with a box of AF Hemingway's. Work of Art Maduo are my favorites and I can't believe their sold out everywhere. Try Famous or do a google search. ISOM sticks age better than NC's but if you only have one humidor I would think you'll be smoking them long before they have a chance to age.
thats my other problem. I only got the one, a temp controlled, but I’ll be looking them in the face every. single. day. That and I am an introvert.

I did see that the AF short story are still available through famous that are looking pretty good. There’s an option. I really like the CC suggestions from you guys but it would strictly be through a ISO, if I’m allowed (barring my previous experience lol).

Edit: if I can you betta believe a post will be made before the end of the week for ISOM (love this abbrev.)

In the Fuente line I still enjoy the Chateau SG at about $100/ bx. The 858 SG at about $150/ bx (comes in a nice wooden box).

This. The Chateau Fuente SGs are great little cigars and can usually be had on sale, for $75ish.

I just bought two boxes of Rafael Gonzales Pantelas Extra on sale for $50.00 a box shipped. Damn good cigar for the price!

Great option as well. If you can swing 2 boxes of something, that's the direction I'd go.

I’d recommend Rafael Gonzalez Petite Coronas. Same place that jfields picked up his sticks has them at $108 a box. These are good sticks.

My two cents... Don't make your first box purchase a cigar you haven't tried before and definitely don't rush into anything just to say you have a box. I didn't buy my first box until I had been into cigars for about 10 years and it was a cigar I couldn't get enough of year after year, Arturo Fuente Anejo 50s. Save up a bit and get something bulletproof like some Padron 1964 and you won't regret it.

Your first box of cigars! I envy you. You'll remember what you bought good or bad. I recall my first box like it was yesterday. It was actually 1973.

Doc
What a coincidence! Thats around the year my parents were born.

I appreciate all the thoughts and options guys. I’m bout to start putting down some of your boxes to get and research them. With your suggestions I may even be able to squeak two boxes in instead of one due to the pricing.

Thank you to everyone that made their recommendations and gave valuable insight. I have placed the order for the first box and will reveal its identity with pictures upon arrival. Whatever the box may be, I also now have a list of my next few box purchases for the future and I owe all of it to you guys.

Thank you to everyone that made their recommendations and gave valuable insight. I have placed the order for the first box and will reveal its identity with pictures upon arrival. Whatever the box may be, I also now have a list of my next few box purchases for the future and I owe all of it to you guys.
You're screwed now, buddy. Good luck. Don't bother anyone around here with the "I've got a problem because of you" bullshit. LOL! :D