• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Food and drink that go with cigars..... For me.

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I have always had a low nicotine tolerance, some asshats like @jfields have even called me a pussy. I have recently noticed very strong flavors in food or drink, seem to make a cigar taste better. It may also help with nicotine. While a full stomach, or a teaspoon of sugar, never made a difference for me, it seems that the strong flavors do.

@EmergenCigar and I have had a couple opportunities to have very bold Cabernet and/or also some very strong cheese while smoking a cigar and the bold flavors of the cheese or wine seems to mellow out any harshness of the cigar.

Something like a Roquefort, or Parmesan, seem to be a great compliment to a good cigar.

I would recommend a Port wine. It's thicker like you mentioned so it'll cut down a lot of the harsh bitterness. Just don't spill it on your blouse or it'll stain really bad.

I don’t remember that? Sure you’re not thinking of that big, tall, and strong lumberjack of a man Rob @mysterea?
You and Jim called me a pussy when I said I couldn't smoke a strong cigar indoors. Rob was quite the lumber jack! I'm not sure if I've ever seen that level of coordination before or since😂

I really enjoy spirits and food, but if I'm smoking a very fine cigar, one I may not get another of, my beverage is cold, clear water. Let's the taste of the smoke shine through without interruption.
Tom, I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I simply need to smoke finer cigars. :)