• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For the 1st time in 12 years.........

RyJ Smoker

Official Opus & Padron whore
...I'm unemployed. My 1st day back at work from having a week off to get married in Vegas, myself and another closer was 'let-go'. I guess it's more cost-effective for the company to split up our clients and divide them upon other closers in different states that weren't nearly as busy as Tiffany and I were. With working 20 -25 hrs/week in overtime each, I'm sure they'll save some money. As for me, I'm now screwed.

I'm trying to stay positive and am applying where I can. I was at a job fair all day yesterday and hope that something can come of that. For the time being, I have to sell off some of my collection. I've sold some sticks so far and it's hard to fathom how quickly certain things can go, that have taken me so long to track down/save for. Oh well. I'm thankful that I have things to sell to get us by for the time being.

There are a few positive notes to this, though.......

-No longer have to wake up M-F @ 3:47am
-No longer get home between 8pm & 9pm
-No longer driving 74.8 miles EACH WAY to work
-No longer putting 3000 miles on my car each month
-Get to see my wife more

It does suck not getting paid anymore, though :p

Your friend and brother,

Jeffrey L.

Edit: Spelling

Man, That sucks.
I'm sorry dude.

Keep your chin up and I'm sure with your hard work ethic you'll find another job in no time.

Thank you, brother. I'm holding up pretty well and am staying optimistic. I'm sure I'll find something else I enjoy much more than what I was doing and DEFINITELY much closer!

Jeffrey L.

Yes keep your chin up, life has a way of working out to your advantage. Just consider this a new door opening for you!

Hang in there Jeffery!

These things tend to happen for a reason, and yes, I've been there so I know the feelings of uncertainty you're facing. You'll look back at this a year from now and realize they did you a favor.

Good luck!

Hang in there Jeffery!

These things tend to happen for a reason, and yes, I've been there so I know the feelings of uncertainty you're facing. You'll look back at this a year from now and realize they did you a favor.

Good luck!
That's exactly how I'm looking at it! You're not by any chance a motivational speaker, are you?!?!

I appreciate the words, brother :thumbs:

Jeffrey L.

Sorry to hear about the abrupt ending. Change is always difficult, but better things are coming. Hang in there Jeffrey.

Holy sh*t, that's terrible man. I really hope things work out for you. Keep us posted please. Kudos to you for your good attitude.

Sorry to hear about your job loss Jeffrey, I know things will work out for you very quickly.

When one door closes, another opens. The problem is that it can be hell in the hallway... LOL

Getting let go from my old job in VA was the best thing that happened to me, but I didn't know it at the time. Now I do what I love in CA...

You guys blow me away......thank you. Sincerely.

I've been playing 'wife' today, with cleaning the house, dishes, laundry, etc.....oh, I've also been packaging up cigars that I never thought I'd see go out of my possession, too :(

Funny story..........I didn't let my wife know I had gotten let go until she got home from school (that's right, she quit her job and started school full-time last Wednesday) on Monday. By that point (I was back home by 11am), which was 5:15pm, I had already sold and shipped out over $1K in cigars. Obviously she was concerned with the news, but I replied with "Don't worry hun, I plan to sell as many cigars as it takes to get us by until I find another job. I've already sold over $1K in cigars!" The look on her face prior to replying was priceless......."You had $1K worth of cigars this whole time?!?!?!?!" LOL, if only she knew :whistling:

Again, thank you all for the sincere words. I'm very happy in being a part of this family.

Your friend and brother,

Jeffrey L.

Mortgage business?............tough time for you guys!!!! Good luck. Good things happen to good people.

Mortgage business?............tough time for you guys!!!! Good luck. Good things happen to good people.
No, I was a mortgage broker from 2000 - early 2009 and had had enough. I took a position at the title company I had used for 4 or 5 years. We were plenty busy, along with all mortgage companies........rates are at historic lows, currently. I had been working so much overtime to try and keep up, that it was costing more for the company to keep me on, rather then giving my clients to other closers in different states that weren't nearly as busy as I was.

It's anything but a tough time for people in the mortgage business, now. I'm actually contemplating getting back into it. I just need to decide if I'd be comfortable with 100% commission, again. That was the reason I got out of it after 9 years.......wanted stability.

Jeffrey L.

Hopefully, this will end up a good thing. It's great you're working the problem so hard.

Sorry to hear about this!! Hope everything gets resolved quickly!

Good luck. That's a pretty difficult thing to deal with considering you just had a wedding and those are pricey.

Sorry to hear about your recent employment hick-up. I am sure that you will find something soon, it sounds like you are in a career that needs more people...