• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Free aromatic tobacco

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I tried but failed at pipe smoking. It was awesome when it was right but it was more often a hassle, I never learned to pack properly.

I have a lot of aromatic tobacco, some from 2008, which I will send to whoever says "I'm in". I will put a package of random stuff together for each person until I run out.

Whatever you use, keep the flame well above the rim and use the draw to pull it down into the bowl. Also, and this sounds funny, a little spit around the rim before lighting helps keep down the charring. Personally, I find the simple Bic lighter to be best all around. No fuss, no muss.

Vertigo made a pipe lighter very similar to the Corona Old Boy style. Might be worth looking at.

Nate, look at my pipe, I want to be careful I don't mess up the top, I would buy a good lighter if I knew what to buy.

View attachment 66936
In my opinion, if keeping your rim clean is the goal, you’ll get the most control out of a zippo pipe lighter (shown below). They are designed to center the flame over the bowl and minimize charring or darkening. I’ve used most methods between butane and oxy-acetylene, and IMO I don’t believe zippos change the taste of the tobaccoE07E7CA4-6697-48BA-8701-0EC086B9A05F.jpeg

In my opinion, if keeping your rim clean is the goal, you’ll get the most control out of a zippo pipe lighter (shown below). They are designed to center the flame over the bowl and minimize charring or darkening. I’ve used most methods between butane and oxy-acetylene, and IMO I don’t believe zippos change the taste of the tobaccoView attachment 67079

I have one of these as well and find the flame less controllable. Plus, you have to keep up on the fluid, flint, wick, etc. The taste is significantly better than in the old days but still slightly noticeable, IMHO.