• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Fuente Opus X Review

chainer

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Hello all,

It's been a little while since I have actively posted here, but I have been reading threads and reviews for the past several months and it inspired me to open up the ol' vinotemp and pick out some cigars to celebrate the wonderful New England weather

I wanted something more robust than yesterday's Padron 3000, so I went with the Opus X.

This cigar, like 90% of my currently owned stash, was purchased around 2007-2008. I keep my Vino at 62-64 degrees with custom shelving (purchased here!) at 67% humidity using humidity beads (also purchased here!).

Upon lighting the cigar, the typical smack of an earthy, bitter cocoa taste floored me. Definitely the stronger stick I was hoping for. The typical opus X tobacco taste was very well received; I am not sure exactly how to describe it, but these cigars have such a unique flavor that can be overly harsh if not aged a bit first

I'm happy to report the ten or so years in my Vinotemp have done a lot to even this batch out. The cigar burned evenly and only went out once about halfway through, perhaps due to my snapping pictures and taking it easier as the nicotine rush set in

I'm a fan of the Opus X cigars, but I still think that for the price range I would take a Padron Anniversary Maduro over them any day. There is still something to be said and coveted when speaking of the legendary Opus X with a few years of age on them!

These are totally different cigars when they have some downtime, and I think they require a little age more than any other brand. I think it also makes the 'kick' more pleasurable and manageable.

Yum!
Thanks to the other reviewers for pulling me out of lurking for a little while :)
image.jpeg

Edit: perhaps someone could identify the style of this cigar? For the life of me, I can't seem to figure it out! It is certainly more petite than the normal Opus X I am used to

Looks like it might be an Opus Fuente Fuente (probably my favorite Opus Stick) or a Perfection #4.

The Padron Annis (especially the `64s) have always been a fair amount milder than the smack of an Opus.

I like them fresh. Especially if you can get them before the retailer lets them dry out while they sit outside the humidor; because he thinks the Boveda lasts 100 years. #5 and Petit Lancero are my favorites.

View attachment 12846 View attachment 12847

Hello all,

It's been a little while since I have actively posted here, but I have been reading threads and reviews for the past several months and it inspired me to open up the ol' vinotemp and pick out some cigars to celebrate the wonderful New England weather

I wanted something more robust than yesterday's Padron 3000, so I went with the Opus X.

This cigar, like 90% of my currently owned stash, was purchased around 2007-2008. I keep my Vino at 62-64 degrees with custom shelving (purchased here!) at 67% humidity using humidity beads (also purchased here!).

Upon lighting the cigar, the typical smack of an earthy, bitter cocoa taste floored me. Definitely the stronger stick I was hoping for. The typical opus X tobacco taste was very well received; I am not sure exactly how to describe it, but these cigars have such a unique flavor that can be overly harsh if not aged a bit first

I'm happy to report the ten or so years in my Vinotemp have done a lot to even this batch out. The cigar burned evenly and only went out once about halfway through, perhaps due to my snapping pictures and taking it easier as the nicotine rush set in

I'm a fan of the Opus X cigars, but I still think that for the price range I would take a Padron Anniversary Maduro over them any day. There is still something to be said and coveted when speaking of the legendary Opus X with a few years of age on them!

These are totally different cigars when they have some downtime, and I think they require a little age more than any other brand. I think it also makes the 'kick' more pleasurable and manageable.

Yum!
Thanks to the other reviewers for pulling me out of lurking for a little while :)
View attachment 12848

Edit: perhaps someone could identify the style of this cigar? For the life of me, I can't seem to figure it out! It is certainly more petite than the normal Opus X I am used to
Guess I should have added the Fuente Fuente is a Corona "sized" cigar

Thank you for taking the time to do a review. I really enjoy smoking an Opus X and gravitate to the smaller sizes.

Looks like it might be an Opus Fuente Fuente (probably my favorite Opus Stick) or a Perfection #4.

The Padron Annis (especially the `64s) have always been a fair amount milder than the smack of an Opus.

I'd agree, from the looks I'd guess a Fuente Fuente.

Thanks for the review and good pics....albeit sideways :p

I like them fresh. Especially if you can get them before the retailer lets them dry out while they sit outside the humidor; because he thinks the Boveda lasts 100 years. #5 and Petit Lancero are my favorites.

I'm on a fresh Opus rampage lately...I think one of the #5's had a binder dipped in Chinese mustard. Outstanding.

Thanks for the well done review.