• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gawntrail update

Lee

Nothing sent yet, just more excuses apparently.

Link to Related Gawntrail Thread

Yes, a PM was received from Gawntrail...

Apparently a package from overseas was misdelivered, or is held up at the post office, due to an error in the postal zip code.

Gawntrail supplied the supporting email communications from the supplier stating the problem. They will send out a new package in 2 days...blah blah blah.

Enough is enough, Coach Gipson.

Head to the local shop, buy some sticks and get 'em shipped out

Also, just to make it clear...this is not flaming. This is called keeping someone honest. All you new guys should look at this kind of stuff and remember this is not the way to conduct yourselves on the boards. It will follow you where ever you go!

Think about it, how easy would it be just to go to the local shop and pick up 8 cigars and send them out? That's all that needs to happen. It's simple, yet....it keeps dragging out and these guys get more and more excuses.

I hope Rod will leave this open so that this is a reminder to not live outside of your means!

I have no dog in this race; I agree that gawntrail should just take some of the Davidoff MBs, and other nice smokes from his humidor and send them out. Make it right, do it now... there's really no reason to wait for a package from overseas.

If I may reiterate what Leebo said... One time, I was in the same boat as this situation. I promised smokes and was held up for various reasons. In the end, I ended up sending 'gars from my personal 'highlight' box, that I keep only for myself. Those cigars were 6-7 years old, and I was anal about keeping them perfect. Bottom line, don't skip out, the guys will never treat you the same way again. The 'Cigar Gods' are always watching apparently, and they are an ornery bunch ;)

Yes, good advice...

Also, the "order" consists of some habanos that go for roughly $6 a piece. A $6 habanos is not what i consider "super premium" so I think holding off for the sake of sending less than adequate smokes is kinda pointless as well.

For example, this is what is currently being sent out:

San Cristobal de La Habana El Morro
Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro
Ramon Allones Small Club Corona
Troya Corona Club
La Flor de Cano Selectos
Saint Luis Rey Serie A
Diamond Crown Maximus Robusto
Arturo Fuente Cuban Belicoso Sungrown
Graycliff Espresso Pirate
Perdomo Edicion de Silvio Double Corona
Rafael Gonzalez
Montecristo #2
Partagas Serie D #4 EL
Romeo y Julieta Romeos No. 1 de Luxe
Bolivar Petit Corona
Montecristo #4
Arturo Fuente Opus X #4
Hoyo de Monterey Petit Robusto
Bolivar Corona Extra
Bolivar Lonsdale
Saint Luis Rey Lonsdale
Romeo y Julieta Robusto EL
Carlos Toraño Tribute 2004 Maduro
Romeo Y Julieta No.2 A/T
Padron Anniversario Maduro Monarca
Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Signature Maduro
Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Classic
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Robusto
Padron Anniversario Maduro Serie 1926
Padron Anniversario Natural
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #2
Montecristo #2
Partagas Serie D #4 EL (2001)
Padron Anniversario Maduro Exclusivo
Punch Punch
Hoyo du Depute '98
H.Upmann H2000
Ashton VSG Robusto
Ashton VSG Belicoso #1
Jose Piedra Cazadores
Placensia TKO
Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Sungrown
Don Carlos
Padron Anniversario
La Gloria Cubana Maduro 2003 Limitada
Arturo Fuente Opus X Robusto
Arturo Fuente Classic Maduro
La Aurora 100 Anos Churchill

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Yes, good advice...

Also, the "order" consists of some habanos that go for roughly $6 a piece. A $6 habanos is not what i consider "super premium" so I think holding off for the sake of sending less than adequate smokes is kinda pointless as well.

For example, this is what is currently being sent out:

San Cristobal de La Habana El Morro
Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro
Troya Corona Club
La Flor de Cano Selectos
Saint Luis Rey Serie A
Diamond Crown Maximus Robusto
Graycliff Espresso Pirate
Perdomo Edicion de Silvio Double Corona
Rafael Gonzalez
Montecristo #2
Partagas Serie D #4 EL
Romeo y Julieta Romeos No. 1 de Luxe
Bolivar Petit Corona
Montecristo #4
Arturo Fuente Opus X #4
Hoyo de Monterey Petit Robusto
Bolivar Corona Extra
Bolivar Lonsdale
Saint Luis Rey Lonsdale
Romeo y Julieta Robusto EL
Carlos Toraño Tribute 2004 Maduro
Romeo Y Julieta No.2 A/T
Padron Anniversario Maduro Monarca
Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Signature Maduro
Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Classic
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Robusto
Padron Anniversario Maduro Serie 1926
Padron Anniversario Natural
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #2
Montecristo #2
Partagas Serie D #4 EL (2001)
Padron Anniversario Maduro Exclusivo
Punch Punch
Hoyo du Depute '98
H.Upmann H2000
Ashton VSG Robusto
Ashton VSG Belicoso #1
Jose Piedra Cazadores
Placensia TKO
Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Sungrown
Don Carlos
Padron Anniversario
La Gloria Cubana Maduro 2003 Limitada
Arturo Fuente Opus X Robusto
Arturo Fuente Classic Maduro
La Aurora 100 Anos Churchill
[snapback]169241[/snapback]​

(edited in)

The following cigars are acceptable to send:

Fuente's (Opus X, DC, Hemis, Anejo, SG's-858 & Cuban Beli only)
Ashton (VSG only)
Padron (PAM, PMM, 26, etc.)
Habanos (except machine made)
Diamond Crown (Maximus, etc.)
And many others.
Please, use good judgement and if you aren't sure, ask Leebo or Fast4dr!!

This is a premium cigar lotto! I have revised the list as some smokes that were sent do not meet these standards. With this said, this is now the expectation for a future drawings.

List updated 12/22/04

(end edit)

Lee,

If you look at the receipt I sent you, you will see that those 'inadequate $6 dollar smokes' are the same as what someone else has sent. Is my selection inadequate due to the price? Or is this simply a case of piling on? Regardless, CC and MMM will get their winnings as soon as these hit my porch.

M. Gipson

I looked at what they sent, they sent those with some other super premos.

Why wait? Why not send some of what you have in your humi and get it done?

That doesn't make sense but it's your reputation that's at stake here....

this is ridiculous..... I'm not even in this and i think you should

BUY SOME CIGARS AND SEND THEM

Otherwise I don't think this will stop

BkCloud114 said:
Otherwise I don't think this will stop
[snapback]169271[/snapback]​
Nor should it, IMO. As long as posts have 'as soon as' in them.
I am not buying any premium sticks right now. But when I do I expect bro's whom I am involved with in box splits, group buys, and other things where cigars are exchanged to be prompt. There needs to be a respect for the protocols. (did I spell that right?) That's what makes boards worth posting on. I have reaped the rewards of others making them stick.

Debt of gratitude, FOGS.

This is so sad.

I too don't understand why he can't go to the B&M or just send some from his 'stash'.

Pitiful if I may sayso...and I usually don't in matters like this. Note to self has been filed.

I tracked the box down yesterday. It was sitting at a small postal annex on the other side of town. I also emailed XXXXX letting them know I tracked the box down.

6 HdM Petite Robustos for CC

6 HdM Petite Robustos for MMM

They will be in the mail today. Will post tracking numbers when I get home.

M. Gipson

Tracking numbers:

I've sent 6 each. 4 for my numbers and 2 more for the hassle.

CC86 - 6 HdM Petite Robustos - 0304 1560 0001 4526 5668

MMM - 6 HdM Petite Robustos - 0304 1560 0001 4526 7143

Priority Mail in a Video Tape sized box. Dropped at Moreno Valley about 4PM PST. I would have posted sooner, but I just got back from my son's baseball practice and subsequent parents meeting.

M. Gipson

(re-edited) deleted usps info and put it in its own post.

BkCloud114 said:
He's still not home yet ??????????
[snapback]169530[/snapback]​

My son's baseball team couldn't get a field until after dark. We had to wait for parks and rec to turn on the lights. Practice ran from 6:45PM -8:45PM SoCal time. We then went to our Sponsor's pizza joint and ordered pepperoni w/xtra cheese and a pitcher of Lemonade for the kids.

The parents ordered pitchers of beer and hotwings. I had one beer, a couple of hotwings, and a glass of Lemonade to finish of the kids' pitcher. The meeting lasted until 9:30PM SoCal time. It's a 15 minute drive home with a stopover at the ATM for cash to give to my oldest son for his fieldtrip tomorrow, and to gas up the Suburban.

I appreciate the concern Tommy, it's nice to know that you were worried about me being out so late.

M. Gipson

Attitude? Am I hearing this right?

You got some nerve making that kind of remark after what you've pulled on here.

Please! :sign:

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Attitude? Am I hearing this right?

You got some nerve making that kind of remark after what you've pulled on here.

Please! :sign:
[snapback]169537[/snapback]​

Leebo,

There is or was no 'attitude' meant or implied. I was simply accounting for my time this evening. Tommy's post of ??? ??? ??? led me to believe he was a) concerned about my late evening or b) condescending and piling on. Since I do not know him, and he is not really part of this saga, I chose to believe his post was concern instead of a condescending pile on, so I responded accordingly.

And Leebo, correct me if I am wrong, but responding in a polite and clear manner to posts that are directed to or at me is not against the rules. Not that I know of.

I screwed up in the CS Lotto. CC and MMM had to wait waaaaaay too long for their rightful winnings. As stated in PMs and open posts to you, CC, and MMM, there were circumstances that spiraled out of my control. It is my fault for #1 getting involved in something that was above what I had in my humi, #2 not withdrawing sooner, and #3 not sending the winnings in a timely manner. Guilty as charged. What people take from this and how they treat me in the future is my punishment (let's not forget the public flogging I've taken from you and a few others too about things completely unrelated to the CS Lotto).

The tracking numbers are posted the packages are on their way. Again very late, but none the less on the way. CC and MMM should receive them by the end of the week. Monday at the latest.

I'm not sure what else can be done to rectify this thing with you. I've posted an open invitation, first to TXMatt who wasn't sure how a lowly teacher could afford to shop the Dallas area Real Estate market, and then opened the invitation to all who might enjoy a steak, a cocktail and/or a round of golf.

I've not flamed nor baited. I have paid up my end + 50% for the grief. I'm not sure what else can be done to right this wrong.

I'll tell you what Leebo, I've got 5 of those HdMs with your name on it. You know the value, you know what I paid, and you know my source. I'm going to mail them off to you. You wait for them to land on your porch. Then send back whatever you feel is comparable. Kind of a handshake across the country on agreeing to disagree.

I'll post the tracking numbers as soon as I drop them at the PO.

M. Gipson

Well, I for one hope this is all drawing to an end. Good luck to all parties in this mess. :thumbs:

GT, don't bother....I don't trade much anyway and I have no desire to trade with you.

What's done is done. You've broken a trust here by dragging this thing out for so long. Trust is really all there is here, so once you burn that bridge, it's over.

Anything you send will be returned to sender, don't waste your time....