• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gazebos anyone?

Dave

Padilla Lanceros, yum yum!!
Well, some of you might know that I've been doing a lot of home improvements in my backyard, and it looks plain horrible. Been thinking about getting a gazebo for several reasons, mainly to hide from the rain, a place to relax and find shade during the summer time when I'm doing backyard bbqs and a of course to get a nice roof over my head when I'm smoking my cigars at home.

Been looking at this one from home depot. But from the reviews, it seems like it would turn into a pretzel in high winds. Living in NY has it's ups and downs as the winds sometimes do reach up to 50mph when tropical storms hit, but that isn't often, so the risk is acceptable. I really want to get a nice one made of pine with all the fixings, but dropping 2 grand on a gazebo is out of my price range.

Anyone got any tips?

Well, some of you might know that I've been doing a lot of home improvements in my backyard, and it looks plain horrible. Been thinking about getting a gazebo for several reasons, mainly to hide from the rain, a place to relax and find shade during the summer time when I'm doing backyard bbqs and a of course to get a nice roof over my head when I'm smoking my cigars at home.

Been looking at this one from home depot. But from the reviews, it seems like it would turn into a pretzel in high winds. Living in NY has it's ups and downs as the winds sometimes do reach up to 50mph when tropical storms hit, but that isn't often, so the risk is acceptable. I really want to get a nice one made of pine with all the fixings, but dropping 2 grand on a gazebo is out of my price range.

Anyone got any tips?

One word: Pergola

Anyone got any tips?

Found this. I have no carpentry or woodworking skills, but it seems easy enough for an average person to do... well sans the decorative end pieces.

Anyone got any tips?

Found this. I have no carpentry or woodworking skills, but it seems easy enough for an average person to do... well sans the decorative end pieces.

That is perfect for what you need. Plant some vines, grape, wisteria, rose or otherwise and it will create a natural canopy under which you can enjoy countless hours smoking cigars!

Anyone got any tips?

That is perfect for what you need. Plant some vines, grape, wisteria, rose or otherwise and it will create a natural canopy under which you can enjoy countless hours smoking cigars!

You're still looking at ~$800 for pressure treated pine to ~$1600 for redwood or cedar unless you can get a really good deal on the wood. Still much cheaper than if you buy one, but it's something to think about.

i have a 15' x 11' patio enclosure, if you can mount it to your house, it may be the way to go. here is a link to what i have..Patio Enclosure. I purchased mine from BJ's and was about $900 delivered, took my bro and friend and myself about 3hrs to install using a few wrenches and a drill and a saw. pretty easy on the diy scale. will post pic tomorrow for you if you like
Rob