• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

George T. Stagg 2011

Greggj77

Keep a lookout. as they are starting to pop their elusive heads up around New England. I was able to grab 2 bottles last night, it was all they had. I also reserved a few more and they should be arriving next week.

Anyhow, I was able to pop to cork on this bad boy last night. Initial thoughts were that it reaked of typical Kick Ass Stagg Goodness.

Nose: was very strong with molasses, vanilla, nutmeg, sweet spices and that clear out your nose tinge of alcohol burn.

Body: Again this was typical mouth coating tongue tingling Staggaliciousness. Molasses, Spice, Vanilla, and dried fruit are very apparent. This year to me has a much more pronounced dry fruit flavor that lingers and closes out the profile. This, if memory serves is a little smoother and has more dried fruit than last year. Excellent, vintage that will not disapoint.

Go Git'em Boys.

FWIW, It looks like am going to be shutout on PVW 15 and would be willing to trade a bottle or two of Stagg. If anyone finds themselves in the opposite position. Particulars can be discussed to even value depending on purchase prices.

Dammit! NOTHING here yet . . . I've got the first case to arrive reserved with my usual "go to" guy already, but not even a hint of when the BTAC might make it onto local shelves. Last year I got the ONLY case of Stagg to make it to town.

~Boar

The local shop sold out in 5 minutes, according to the lady I talked to. The PVW should be coming in the next two weeks. Greg, if it arrives, and I grab a couple bottles, maybe we can make a deal.

Floyd T.

Atlanta is usually slow in getting their allotments and the BTAC showed up here this week. I grabbed a bottle of WLW and two of the Sazerac 18.

Floyd, That would be great. PM Sent.

Seems like this year they are going even faster than usuall. The GTS and WLW always go almost immediately but, you can pick up the ER17, Handy and Saz for a few weeks post release. Seems like most everything this year has been reserved and is not even having time to hit the shelves. Hopefully, this is not the trend moving forward.

My local shop still has a couple, I think Im gonna pick one up on Friday! Looing forward to trying it! Enjoyed the review

My local shop still has a couple, I think Im gonna pick one up on Friday! Looing forward to trying it! Enjoyed the review

Sorry didn't mean to triple post. lol

The Stagg seems to be plentiful around here. The Weller and the Eagle Rare not so much. They were downright hard to get.

You guys are very lucky. One of the larger stores in the Atlanta area only got a case of Stagg, and I got there too late.

Just returned from a liquor store that happened to have one bottle of Stagg '11.

I talked to two of the big retailers here in Austin and they claimed we were "skipped over" on most allotments and their stores only received a few bottles apiece. There's one more guy who claims he's still expecting it in mid- November, so I'll be bugging him every Friday starting this week... Seems like we received very little in terms of the high end liquor. I'm hoping I'm just early in the search.

I'll have to keep eyes open for them... I have never been disappointed by the antiques!

I was speaking to one of our local distibutors and he told me that this year the state of NH received a little less than half of what they usually get. He told me they typically get 35-45 cases of each bottling. This year all releases were all under 20 cases. Not sure if this is production related or if part of the collection is being spread into other areas but, it is interesting as it appears as everyone is having more difficulty than usuall tracking these bottles.

Has anyone heard anything regarding production of this years release? I hope that BT is not throttling back production to envoke some additional mystique/hype around these and then raise the price as some of the Breweries seem to do with their ultra limited releases.

I went back hunting a bottle of WLW last night(I knew they'd gotten 3 bottles and I snagged the last one) and talked a little more with one of the managers. He said they had no idea what had happened, but his suspicion was maybe their distributor messed up. In any case, they were reamed on the allotment in central Texas. Then he mentioned that he'd even checked for additional bottles in Houston as well, but they hadn't gotten any. So... strange. I'll see what I can find out from the other store but they said up front that they didn't expect to get more than a few bottle per location either.

You guys are very lucky. One of the larger stores in the Atlanta area only got a case of Stagg, and I got there too late.

I can probably get you a bottle if you want one but let me know ASAP.

I would call ahead to see whats left Julius. Also check with Wine World in Abingdon they had some stuff as of yesterday.

Cripes, finding the Sazerac 18 was like finding a needle in a haystack, but I think I have one reserved. Mont Co, said they sold out of everything on the first day, but got a late shipment of Handy.

Thanks anyway for the heads up Damon.

Got my set of 5. Gonna do some drinking on Sunday :)

My local chain only got six for the whole region!

But I got one of 'em. :love:

Hopefully the new guys can get me my usual case, like they did last year. I'll be stopping in tomorrow to check.

But tonight . . . bottle one's definitely getting cracked. :whistling:

~Boar

Is the Stagg really that good? I like the Buffalo Trace bourbons I've had but never run across this one. Most of the liquor stores have no idea what I'm talking about if I bring it up and the whiskey bar in town hasn't gotten it in to sample.

It sounds like it might be worth expanding my search to hunt one down.