• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

GERMANY HERF - Sept 22, 2011 in Dortmund

Jonathan Drew

Fellaz & Gals in Germany,

Over the last month or so, we have been discussing the idea of a GERMANY HERF for September. I have been communicating with a few fellow BOTL's who are also interested, so I am amped up to have a great smoking time in Dortmund Germany on SEPTEMBER 22, 2011.

We have been discussing ideas of WHERE (Restaurant or Cigar Bar) we should have the HERF - where we can drink, eat, and of course smoke without being tortured by Anti's. Inside is better, but outside could work if we need it to.

This is not a Drew Estate HERF, but I hope to have as many cigars as I can to share with anyone who can make it. I am hoping that we have friends from Germany (and other EU countries), as well as American and Canadian Military people who love cigars who are stationed there.

Looking forward to HERFING in the EU ...
Best,
JD

SonofaBITCH. I'll be back in the Real World 15-27 September. DAMN. I was really looking forward to this one, too.

I hope everyone else has a great time. SpAd31... Trey, hope you can make it so you can brag all about it next time we get together and make me feel bad.

Sorry Kann. That really sucks, but we will Rep you in Germany to the fullest ...!

Best,
JD

Hotel Booked!!!

Tim

I found a cigar club in Dortmund

http://www.smoking-r...w.de/index.html

and I found out which bar they hold their meetings in.

http://www.uncle-tom...de/index_en.php

If you guys want I can contact both and see about arranging something.

Any one following this, hotels in the Dormund area are getting hard to find.

I did find this one about 20 min away

http://www.accorhote...ity/index.shtml

My plan is to show up early afternoon, hit the trade show if possible, then the herf and drive back the next day.

Tim

Without a sponsor you can't get into the trade show.

And sadly to say its already too short of a notice for me to get vacation for this (my boss requires at the min. of two weeks notice for vacation) :(. But as a German speaker I'm willing to help out as much as I can to get things set-up.

Well Crap!!

Thanks for all the leg work Shawn! I will see whta I can do from Brussles as far as checking out the 2 links you gave. If I run into issues, I will PM you.

as a matter of fact I will pm you any way....lol

Tim

Fellaz,

WOW .. looks like we are gonna have a GERMANY HERF after all !!! I am totally jazzed up.

Wurm and MX ... are you two on the same page here or what as to the location for our HERF.

Lets get the final on this so we can start informing other boards so others can attend.

So looking forward to this.

Best,
JD

OK I just reserved two smoking tables at the Uncle Tom's Bar and Restaurant at 7:30 PM on the 22nd for you under my last name "Adams"

http://www.uncle-toms-dortmund.de/index_en.php

They are open until 01:00 AM. and the webpage has the directions

http://www.uncle-toms-dortmund.de/anfahrt_en.php

(I suggest grabbing a taxi)

I also sent an email to the Dortmund cigar club and asked them if they had any suggestions where you could go afterwards if you feel like making a late night out of it. Once I hear back from them I'll post/PM you the info. I also suggested if any of their members want to drop by Uncle Toms to herf that they would be more than welcome (they use the place as their club-house so I'm sure they can arraign this even better than I could over the phone).

Unfortunately I did not get the days off, I had my only co-worker quit on me right after I hired a new person to help out in the IT Department (3 people including me) and the Boss said that until the new man knows the ropes I can't take vacation. But I will be there in spirit with you guys and can't wait to see the pictures.

Jonathan, I'm sure this won't be your last Inter- Tabac Messe, hopefully we will meet next year for a cigar. If you ever need a translator while over here, just let me know, I'm sure we can work something out. As long as I know long enough in advance it won't be a problem.

Tim, Dale said we can pillage his smoking room any time you want to come visit, we can discuss that in another thread in a near future date.

Shawn

P.S. I just noticed the other boards comment JD, let me know ASAP if you are going to need more than 2 tables... the place sounds popular and I'd hate for anyone not to have a place to sit.

Shawn, you are the Man!!

Sorry you will not be able to make it.

Not sure we will be be able to thank you enough for all that you have done to help us out.

Tim

No big deal bro, I always try to help friends out when I can. I just wish I could go, it sounds like its going to be a good time!

I was contacted by the cigar club (at their club forum) and they told me that they had been in contact with a CP member and was looking forward to meeting you on the 22nd.

I asked who since the only telephone number I had sent to them was mine and so far no one has given me a call. So before I jump further into this, please let me know what was arraigned so I don't end up putting too much salt in the soup so to speak.

I'm not worried about it, I just don't want me messing up anything already planned when I'm not going to be there.

Maybe they called JD, I did give them a link to his website.

I'm waiting for them to get around to replying. I asked who they talked to. :)

Cool, got in a new batch of smokes today for the trip next week

601's Oscuro and LFD Oscuro.

Tim

With everything happening the way it did last week, I may just be back in Germany by next weekend. We'll see what the coming next few days bring.

One word

Undercrown

Tim

Still no idea who the club leader Mr. Olaf Haering spoke to, however he is making sure that there are even more tables reserved than the two I took care of and is going to be there at 18:30 to make sure everything is organized.

Tim, I reserved the tables for 19:30 - 20:00 and that's when he is expecting for you guys to show up, however he is going an hour early to make sure enough tables are free in the same area for the herf.

Mr. Haering also said feel free to show up as early as you want, the bar opens at 17:30.

I wish you guys a great time and can't wait to see the pictures.

Shawn

Thx Shawn, quick question, who's name are the tables in?

I am planning on talking to the guys driving up with me to see when they want to head out, I was thinking about stopping in Dusseldorf at the La Casa Del Habano there for a rest....lol

Tim

OK I just reserved two smoking tables at the Uncle Tom's Bar and Restaurant at 7:30 PM on the 22nd for you under my last name "Adams"

:sign:

Thx Shawn, quick question, who's name are the tables in?

I am planning on talking to the guys driving up with me to see when they want to head out, I was thinking about stopping in Dusseldorf at the La Casa Del Habano there for a rest....lol

Tim

Just make sure you guys get there around the agreed upon time (earlier = better) The Germans are pretty anal about punctuality.