• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gluten free cigars

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I have a friend who is extremely intolerant of gluten and he is always wishing he could join us in a cigar on the golf course. He is so intolerant, he is concerned about the glue used on the cap.

I have verified that Fuente cigars are gluten free, and he smoked one with no problem.

Does anyone have any definitive experience with other brands or CC's?

Didn’t you post this before?

Search is your friend, noob!

Damn! It sucks to get old!:(

I thought we had this conversation before!

Since golf season is back, I am still trying to find gluten free cigars for my buddy. I have been able to get some info on a few brands but I am wondering about CC's?

@jfields John, @CigSid Bill, do you know anything about what glue is used by CC makers?

Since golf season is back, I am still trying to find gluten free cigars for my buddy. I have been able to get some info on a few brands but I am wondering about CC's?

@jfields John, @CigSid Bill, do you know anything about what glue is used by CC makers?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that question. It could be anything derived from corn, wheat, rice, or yucca.

The only company that I know of that's 100% Gluten free is Perdomo. Their glue has alway come from yucca root.

This might be a question worth asking the guys on the Cigar Authority. They are always looking for new topics to discuss and they have good relationships with a lot of the manufacturers. So they may be able to get additional brands that use pectin.