• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Godzilla Contest

Cparker

My dogs don't smoke
I attended a Gurka event, and got a nice deal on some cigars. As part of the deal, I was gifted some Gurka Ghost Robustos. So, here's a contest for a Gurka Ghost Fiver, and some other stuff to be known to the winner.

I saw the current Godzilla movie yesterday. However, Godzilla was a part of a television action series involving a super hero I watched as a kid. First poster to name the super hero, or the television series, wins the fiver.

Cparker

Kamen Rider?

edit to add:  How was the movie??

Brickhouse shoots and scores ! Yep, Ultraman. One of my favorite shows as a kid when I had access to cable television.

PM me your addy and I'll ship your prize.

As for the movie, I thought it was ok. Paid matinee price so that made it better. Better than the remake from 17 years ago, but I wouldn't watch it a second time. Its ok for the summer blockbuster if that's what your looking for, but took way too long for Godzilla to show up in the film for me.

Loved Ultra man! Used to run around in the yard as a kid yelling ULTRAMAN while holding up a stick. Lol! Nice contest!

Cparker said:

As for the movie, I thought it was ok. Paid matinee price so that made it better. Better than the remake from 17 years ago, but I wouldn't watch it a second time. Its ok for the summer blockbuster if that's what your looking for, but took way too long for Godzilla to show up in the film for me.
Has it been 17 years already!?!

The original and still the cheesy rubber suited best, IMO.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11862]

Agreed. The Godzilla in the current film kinda reminds me of a tyrannosaurus rex with a shrunken head.

And, Ultraman ruled !!!

Cparker

Setharsis said:

Has it been 17 years already!?!

That is exactly what I was thinking...

Probably more a generational thing.

When I was a kid, my godparents had cable television (All of about 12 channels, including the Atlanta ABC affiliate). At home we had 3 channels and rabbit ears (my dad would not pay for television). Home channelrs were the CBS affiliate, the NBC affiliate, and public tv (PBS). (I was not allowed to watch Sesame Street as my dad found this to be some hippie, left wing agenda programming.) I watched the Electric Company and Zoom. (Not sure my dad knew it though.) Some of the NE/Boston folks on this board probably know these better as most Georgia PBS programming came from WGBH.

I grew up in middle Georgia, and Ted Turner was just getting into television with his Channel 17 (WTCG) which was only available on cable in my home town due to signal strength. My understanding is Ted was not as wealthy as he is now, and he needed inexpensive programming. Enter Japanese TV programming and Ultra Man !!

I loved going to my godparents house as I could get Channel 17. An afternoon/early evening viewing schedule of Ultra Man, Speed Racer, Gilligan's Island and the Munsters !

I was in my local B&M and a younger patron, when discussing Godzilla, had not heard of Ultra Man either. The owner of the store, who is from the DR and who is about my age, knew exactly what I was talking about. We found some episodes on YouTube. Good times !!

Cparker