• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Golf season is coming!

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I got to play in 70 degrees last Saturday and now there is 4 inches of snow on the ground😡

But with the season just around the corner I thought I would share a few tips that have helped me be a better golfer
  1. Develop a pre-shot routine which you will do methodically before every shot. It helps you to block out any ambient distractions.
  2. From Harvey Penick ...... When you prepare to hit your driver, pick the blade of grass you intend to land on. He called it "Take dead aim". Most people just see the huge fairway and hit it. Most people aim at the pin which is a bad idea. Picking an exact target will narrow your mental focus.
  3. I call it "Safe or Perfect" The vast majority of the time, you need to play to the safe miss, but sometimes you need to visualize the perfect shot and try it. Playing to your safe miss is not giving in to defeat, it's understanding which side of the green to favor so that a slightly errant shot doesn't ruin the hole. Trying to make a perfect shot can teach you how to hit those shots and boost your confidence when you do it. Choose wisely!
  4. Don't kid yourself! Just because you hit a 7 iron 165 yards once does not mean you hit your 7 iron 165 yards. The vast majority of approach shots are shot of the target. Know your realities and play to them.
  5. Don't compare yourself, or try to imitate the guys you see on TV. It will "F" you up!
  6. This is the most important one for me. Using a par four as an example, understand the importance of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shots. For amateurs, he third shot is more important than the 2nd, and the 2nd shot is more important than the 1st. This is hard to accept but think of it like this. If you hit a bad drive, you can still occasionally birdie the hole. If you hit a bad second shot, you can rarely still birdie the hole. If you hit a bad 3rd shot, you will never birdie the hole. Obviously the drive has to be in play but many opportunities are lost due to placing a false importance on the driver. Play every hole as it's own game and keep yourself in the game until it's time to shine.
Here's to a great season for all of us who chase the little white ball!

LOL, I pick a spot where I aim at and the ball goes elsewhere! Agree on the the pre-shot routine.

My wife always had a big camel toe.. but I didn't know technology was behind it! 😆😂

I think I might be hitting nothing but knockdowns this year, shoulder is getting better, but really slowly. Need to get out and scratch the itch, might be a no handicap sort of year though.

He's a banker. He had it coming.
When I was younger, and could hit the ball a lot further, I accidentally drove a par four green one day. Despite screaming FORE, the guy putting never moved ....... until my ball hit his ball in the middle of his back stroke .....then he jumped out of his skin.🥵

When I was younger, and could hit the ball a lot further, I accidentally drove a par four green one day. Despite screaming FORE, the guy putting never moved ....... until my ball hit his ball in the middle of his back stroke .....then he jumped out of his skin.🥵
People are so touchy!

I'm really sorry, I didn't know you lost one in the divorce.
If I had feelings, you can bet your ass they would be hurt!

And BTW, the reason I got the divorce(s) is because I refused to give up my balls. And although that is all I have left, I can hold my head up .... and my bank account .... cause there's nothin in it!