• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Grammar, spelling, etc at CP

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
As we continue to welcome new members, it's important that proper grammar is used to the best of everyone’s ability.

With the advent of facebook, twitter, etc, grammar over the past two years has dramatically declined across the internet. Let's continue to keep CP a few notches above the rest, and communicate with proper grammar in mind. Remember, posts and threads here remain for a long time, and are often used as reference material.

I appreciate your cooperation in keeping CP an exceptional place to hang out.

Thank you,
Rod

How long until somebody posts in this thread with intentional bad grammar?

I'll try to do my best. Unfortunately for me I'm far from being the better writer here. :rolleyes:

I guess it comes with never having learned to properly write english. ;) (EDIT: I just reread my profile and all I can say is sorry to all the people who read before, a spell check would have been a great thing lol)

I don't expect everyone to be English majors by any means. All I ask is that you do your best, that is all. Some people get used to disregarding basic grammar which can make reading posts challenging at times. Thanks!

It is close to Christmas so Advent would be a good call!

I don't expect everyone to be English majors by any means. All I ask is that you do your best, that is all. Some people get used to disregarding basic grammar which can make reading posts challenging at times. Thanks!

I know you were not targeting me with the comment. I just wanted to underline my 'issues' with proper grammar.

Your correct about basic grammar, I frequently try to read posts that do not make any sense (even for me) and I suppose that is what you were refferring to.

edited following Tone-ny suggestion ;-)

I know you were not targeting me with the comment. I just wanted to underline my 'issues' with proper grammar.

You're correct about basic grammar, I frequently try to read posts that dont make sense (even for me) and Is uppose that is what you were refferring to.

Fixed it for you! I left the second part for you to edit!

You're correct about basic grammar, I frequently try to read posts that don't make sense (even for me) and Is uppose that is what you were refferring to.

1) How does he know he wasn't targeted?
2) I don't see anything underlined (no here is some undewear).
3) 'to'? *sigh

Rod - with the advent upon us, can we bury the hatchet with Ms. Crabtree. Then we can work on bringing leebo back into the fold!

:whistling:

WTF is Mrs. Crabtree when we need her? Never mind, I forgot she got banned!

Great job louich! :thumbs:

You're correct about basic grammar, I frequently try to read posts that don't make sense (even for me) and Is uppose that is what you were refferring to.

1) How does he know he wasn't targeted?
2) I don't see anything underlined (no here is some undewear).
3) 'to'? *sigh

Rod - with the advent upon us, can we bury the hatchet with Ms. Crabtree. Then we can work on bringing leebo back into the fold!

:whistling:

I kind of like you too Gary. ;)

Rod, I have noticed that Chrome no longer check spelling for me. It does work in IE though.

Chrome spell check does seem to be working on other sites though.

I was walking backwards to make me stronger, but decided to turn around and get with the program.

I'll do my part and keep the slang to a minimum, Rod.

I'm nine years late on reacting to this one, but this is what I love about CP.

All I can add, is that if one of our members is going to chastise a noob on the grammar issue, make sure you have your own shit together in that post before hitting full send.

I'm nine years late on reacting to this one, but this is what I love about CP.

All I can add, is that if one of our members is going to chastise a noob on the grammar issue, make sure you have your own shit together in that post before hitting full send.
I wouldn't say I chastised him, but you aren't wrong! 😂