• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Habanero Harvest

anvil

Distant Member
Well here is the harvest i got of my plants this year. I got more of my plants in the compost area than in my garden, typical. Not a huge crop but enough to make some hot sauce and a small amount of pickle...

Will add more when the sauce is made.
DSC00721.jpg

There are red,orange and chocolate Habs, some Jalapenos, some Cayenne a banana chillie and a mulato chillie.

Who made the quilt? It appears to be well pieced. Looks like a sampler of different blocks of American design. I'm embarrassed to say I know more about quilting than any man should admit too.

Doc.

Who made the quilt? It appears to be well pieced. Looks like a sampler of different blocks of American design. I'm embarrassed to say I know more about quilting than any man should admit too.

Doc.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Habanero ale?

Doc.

My mom made that Doc. its cool aye. brightens up the place a bit.

Well the first stage of cooking is almost over. I added dried banana, pawpaw and ginger to the chillies, simmered for 4 hrs then allowed to cool. Did this 4 times over a week. This allows the flavors to develop as well as the chillie seeds to really get soft. I then run the mix through a food processor and strain. Which gives me two types of base. The strained liquid is reduced down for hot sauce, and the rest is added to other ingredients for chutney.
DSC00744.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

The Chutney will have Quince and a few tomatoes added then boiled and simmered until ready to pack into jars. And it will be hot.

Where'd you get the recipe for this, or did you develope it yourself?

Michael

Heres a pic of the finished sauce and pickle.
DSC00748.jpg

It is a recipe I developed myself. Its a bit of a hobby for me.
They are both insanely hot. The Pickle is fruit curry pickle. and its real nice.
It made with Quinces as the main fruit.

Sure looks like you got it down to a science...Make a couple custom labels, that would be cool.

Not only does it sound tasty, but looks tasty. I might have to mess around this summer and see if I can do something just like that. I never thought about ginger in hot sauce, great idea!

Anvil your making my mouth water. I love hot, and I could come up with some amazing dishes with either one of those. Great job man!