• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Had an article published in Security Magazine

Well written, though all of this is way above my pay grade. As an employee of a telecommunications company, I receive a lot of this type of information through emails, but usually just in bits and pieces, not in paragraph form, such as your articles. Very nice read!!!

Well written, though all of this is way above my pay grade. As an employee of a telecommunications company, I receive a lot of this type of information through emails, but usually just in bits and pieces, not in paragraph form, such as your articles. Very nice read!!!

What do you do in Telecom? I was in the industry for 20 years.

What do you do in Telecom? I was in the industry for 20 years.
Absolutely nothing!!! 😁 I do however work for a telecommunications company by the name of Fujitsu. I work in Facilities, I am a Master Plumber with special interest in industrial chillers, steam boilers and air compressors. So long story short I help keep the data centers cool and the production lines running, so to speak...

Absolutely nothing!!! 😁 I do however work for a telecommunications company by the name of Fujitsu. I work in Facilities, I am a Master Plumber with special interest in industrial chillers, steam boilers and air compressors. So long story short I help keep the data centers cool and the production lines running, so to speak...
3953CD10-DB35-4E09-B3D4-7FBCE2E4D988.jpeg

Good stuff. For us a large part of avoiding ransomware, phishing, and all sorts of social engineering has been user training. Filtering and malware detection is good but the biggest security vulnerability is usually between the keyboard and chair, haha.

Some interesting recent wrinkles that I've seen have been the repackaging of the John Hopkins interactive Covid map with malware, and breaches of consumer advertisement profile databases as a source of identity information that has been used to file massive amounts of fraudulent SBA loan applications as well as garden variety unemployment claims.

Great article Bill. I really think this is a huge issue. After reading it I find myself wondering if companies could deploy thin clients to people's homes. They are cheap, and they would basically run everything from a virtual machine at the home office. Do you think that is one option to combat people using Home PC's to work from?

Great article Bill. I really think this is a huge issue. After reading it I find myself wondering if companies could deploy thin clients to people's homes. They are cheap, and they would basically run everything from a virtual machine at the home office. Do you think that is one option to combat people using Home PC's to work from?
Yes, that is one solution, and depending on a variety of variables, difficult to get up and running, but best overall once in place...