• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hadn't Noticed this in a while....

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
Opened up a box of HU #1's with the intent of having one and smelled that Ammonia smell for the first time in a long time! They are Feb 2016. Nothing unusual but it has been a long time since I smelled that from a box of cigars.

Last edited:
Opened up a box of HU #1's with the intent of having one and smelled that Amonia smell for the first time in a long time! They are Feb 2016. Nothing unusual but it has been a long time since I smelled that from a box of cigars.
Interesting! I remember those days. I guess they started aging the cigars more before release. Does that mean they don't do that again. Tortured grammer! ;)

Been a while for me too. I used to get it, mostly in the summer, with Pepin pre-Ashton period smokes.

Maybe it was just that one box that wasn't aged tobacco before they rolled the cigars but it definitely was an indicator of cigars which are not really ready to smoke. Cuban cigars in the 90s and early 2000's were notorious for emitting that ammonia smell as the tobacco had not been aged sufficiently before being rolled.