• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hat styles

bilder

What style of hat would look good on a short chubby guy?

I have been a ball cap guy since I was a teen, but these days I am thinking of changing my choice of headgear. Been trying to think of what style of hat would look good on me, but I am a complete idiot when it comes to style.

Any of you more stylish types have hat suggestions for the short and round kind of guy?

These are popular around here... I could get you one. :D

pakol2.gif

I've always been fond of the Fez. My latin teacher in HS wore a beret, but I find that to be a bit of a pompous look unless you're in the military. Tam O' Shanters are pretty cool, too.

;) :laugh:

I really like my Tilley Ivy Cap and my Tilley Winter Cap (almost time to break that one out :( ). Tilley Hats are a little pricey, but they are very well made. They last for years.

For working outside I still choose the ball cap or a Stormy Kromer depending on the season.

I'm not too sure about the short and round part, but I'm not exactly tall and slender.

Pork Pie of course. Fedoras are also nice.

Doc.

Fedora or the wider brimmed hat that Indiana Jones wears.

Why a derby/bowler would be a classic hat to wear if you have some heft.

I am fond of the Newsboy style caps- scottish wool plaid and the solid ones made by Kangol. They look good and do not heat up the old noggin like a ball cap :thumbs:

Hey Mike. Why don't you post a picture of yourself and we'll let the Photoshoppers give you a virtual tour of appropriate and unappropriate headwear. :whistling:

I see the problem you're having with the ball cap. It just doesn't help the outfit.

fatguyinspandex-1-01.jpg

I see the problem you're having with the ball cap. It just doesn't help the outfit.

fatguyinspandex-1-01.jpg

Man I didn't know you could stuff that much into bib shorts :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, by the way nice hat!

What's wrong with a baseball cap??

Hell, try a real man's hat...

009_220-309~Roy-Rogers-Posters.jpg

I am fond of the Newsboy style caps- scottish wool plaid and the solid ones made by Kangol. They look good and do not heat up the old noggin like a ball cap :thumbs:

Nothing but Kangols for me. Although, it doesn't have to made by Kangol, but driver caps in general. Ball caps... well, the girls better be drunk, otherwise that's a no-no.