• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hatfield & McCoys ?

Set-In-Stone

The Dude Abides
Is anyone else jacked up to watch this three day television series on The History Ch. ? Got the beers on ice and .22s in the lever action! (insert spit sound here) :thumbs:

It looks pretty good, IMO, and I was always interested in one of the oldest family feuds in the US. Im looking for to see how they did with the production/editing/story line...

Check out some of the info here...

Pfft. Redneck family feuds. Bunch of amateurs. We Italians invented them and the word to describe them...Vendeta

Doc

Pfft. Redneck family feuds. Bunch of amateurs. We Italians invented them and the word to describe them...Vendeta

Doc

There's the Doc we all know. Very true... but still looks good.

Maybe you prefer the ARMY/ NAVY feud ? :D
cadetImage2.jpg

All I got to say is, when is the last time Army won.

Doc

Two if the best friends I ever had in my life were a Hatfield, and a McCoy. I may watch this to see if I can get something started.

I've set up the DVR to save it. I know it will have been bastardized by the writers, but the main points should still be valid. I'm hoping this will shed a little more light on the biggest feud in American History.

Looking forward to it! Not so sure the girlfriend is...

I'm interested, but does the history channel really have to use shows like "American pickers" to promote it? I mean it's cool and all because I like that show and those guys could probably use whatever bump up they can get but I just think it isn't necessary. The ads they have ran for the hatfield McCoy show was good enough to peak my interest.

DVR Locked and loaded!! Thanks for the heads up this should be very interesting.

I saw an ad for it yesterday and also programed the DVR.

BTW, the DVR is one of the greatest inventions ever!

Looking forward to it. I actually grew up near where all this took place, and am actually related to both the Hatfields and the McCoys.

Damn ! After a long day of BBQ, parade, fun in the sun and Mojitos all day - I passed out 45 mins. into it. I left off where McCoy caught the dude with his swine because he noticed the notch in the ear and was "particular where he marks them". . .Then I woke up at 2:eek:o am. This is not good. I was getting into it too.

*edited for grammar

I have been memorized about the feud for the longest time. My Great grandmother use to tell us stories of working at a dinner in Pikeville when she was young and Devil would come in once and a while for breakfast. I don’t know if it was true or not but she would tell us stories of tension between the families that lasted well past the documented fights and quarrels.

I have read some great books on the feud over the years and I still side with the Hatfield family. Devil Anse may have left the war and left Ol Rand’l behind but I think the Mccoy Family were jealous of the Hatfield success and old Perry Cline was just an instigator bitter over the timber scam he tried to pull then later pushing Ol Rand’l and egging him on over the pig then the mess with Rosanna. The Story truly is a soap opra with guns booze and a lot of angry hill folk lol

And yes it has been a dream of mine to go to the Tug Valley area and just see the area it all took place in. rp

I recorded it so I could blow through the commercials. I have to admit though, the GEICO commercial with caveman, Hatfield and McCoy was funny as hell.