• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Have this problem?

PuroEsq

The Member Formerly Known as "JAEwing"
My wife and I are having difficulties with the "Daughter v.16.0" operating system. We have had this program for many years and it operated just fine until the v.12.5 upgrade. Consistently the additional upgrades (v.13, v.14, v.15) have had numerous and increasing bugs and errors. We attempted to purchase expensive add-on programs to assist the software to run better but they did not work. We often get the "command not accepted" prompt and it will not start up or shut down when we want. Sometimes it will run late into the night. It is using valuable resources and we worry that it is corrupting other new programs that have been added to the system. Unfortunately due to contractual and system requirements we cannot uninstall the program for another couple years.

:sign:

Ok ... seriously ... if any of you have dealt with or are dealing with troublesome teenagers (son or daughter) I would appreciate hearing from you via PM to discuss how you are dealing with it or delat with it.

:(

Thanks.

- Jason

I will switch you even up with my 14 yr old daughter. Some days I could just ........

Hopefully time will help, if not, alcohol will.

I was arrested a few times, suspended a few times and totalled 3 cars in high school. Spent tens of thousands of dollars of my parents money and didnt wake up until i was kicked out of college. So the point is, no matter how annoying it is, be glad your not my parents! :sign:

Seriously, i can tell some stories.

This, my friends is why they used to marry them off when they hit 13 or 14 or that some creatures eat there young.
I do have a v15.8 but she lives with her v39.2 mother, my v1.0 wife. whom has had many many many virus attacks and a whole lot of corupted files. If I would have deleted all her files and formated the drive when I relized I got a corupted operating system I would be out of jail by now. anyways they get into it now and then but she is a great kid so far. I am so lucky. Wife v2.0 and her even get along great. SO I can't help on this.

Good luck on this one, both my sister were hell on wheels and gave mom and dad so much crap.

Have you tried large doses of MIDOL?????

My version 16.0 has been quite the challenge too. We have recently upgraded to 16.5 and things seem to be smoothing out a bit.
I find version 16.0 has difficulty acceding the RAM.

When I removed the extentions such as Internet access to social networking sites and access to various texting files things tend to run smoother.

I can't wait for version 17.0 in April.

Keep the faith brother. And keep your cool head. Someone has to.

I remember when my parents had to deal with the v16.0 version of their "beautiful, wonderful awesome" daughter LOL

I fought with my dad a lot as my mom said it was because we were so much alike. Things will even out, but it will take some time. Parents sometimes do not remember that that particular time in any teenager's life is always in a state of flux. That does not give them passage to do whatever they like, but it does, many times, explain some of the attitudes and poor decision-making. I straightened out, for the most part :whistling: Hang in there Sir, be firm, but understanding. That's about the best I can say from the now "v34.0 leaning into the v 35.0 in a couple of months.

Melly

Just pray you don't have to be update from parent 1.0 to grandparent 1.0 anytime soon.

Be very careful because "Daughter v.16" can prematurely upgrade to "Daughter v.21" if she is not watched closely.

Grandparenting is EASY. When the going gets rough, you give em back. Grandmas ooohh and ahhh, change diapers because its fun. Grandpa keeps his distance till about age 2 when the corruption begins.

My v16 presented my ex and I a new laptop in Sept. I just got a bigger waste basket. Hope for the best, my prayers are with you. I never thought I'd turn into my mother, but .... I now know what she went through.

Thanks! I just shot my morning coffee through my nose and all over my computer monitor! :laugh:

My wife and I were enjoying our usual Saturday morning peaceful and relaxing coffee and newspaper break at a local establishment when in comes momma and her three "chicks". Cute little buggers, they were! Looked to be ages 2,4 and 6. Like a whirlwind, the three worked the place over like a bum on a bologna sandwich! I turned to my wife, having just been violently ripped out of my blissful moment, and said, "Thank GOD our children are grown up!!!" My wife said, "No - I liked them when they were like that! All of their problems could be easily fixed with a kiss on the "boo-boo"!"

A wise woman once told me, "When they're young, they step on your feet. When they get older, they step on your heart!!!"

My friend - having gone through the upgrade process myself on four separate occasions (three female units, and one male unit - with the last female unit currently in version 17.5), I feel your pain! Female unit #1 had a major meltdown after upgrade v14.5. I am convinced it was best attributed to the installation of the upgrade source code which caused the conflict. While I have not been able to fully debug the source code (due to it's incredible complexity), I believe I have traced the issue to programming which led the female unit to desire an immediate upgrade to v21.0.

My favorite programming glitch was when female unit #3, after ugrade 16.0, came to me and said, "Dad - we are "equals", right?" I asked her, "at what level?" She said, "At all levels! My teacher told me we were equals at all levels!" So I posed a question to her... "What is your contribution to this family? Do you provide support to the others in the family? And if you do - what it is you truly contribute?" She looked at me, puzzled... I said, "Honey - we could not possibly ever be "equals" as in "peers". We could be adults at the same time, but we can never reverse our roles - I cannot be your son, you cannot be my mother. In that - we will never be "equal" ". I had thought I had made a pretty insightful argument! However, it resulted in female unit #3 running off and crying!

Mother comes home a short time later and (of course) female unit #3 runs to her and asks the same question... Moms reponse? "You've GOT to be kidding!" Why hadn't I thought of that! It was BRILLIANT!!! (of course it resulted in the same running off and crying routine, but it was BRILLIANT!).

Best I can tell you - everything you've done to this point is what you're going to have to rely on. If you or your wife have not established a good relationship with your daughter, you can talk and beg and cry and argue and it will not get you anywhere. You're sincerely going to have to leverage her feelings for you during this dark period. Be patient - try to understand (even if it makes absolutely no sense), try to reach common ground where you can, and put your foot down when you have to (they are still trying to test your boundaries). Fight when you have to, but be careful about what battles you choose to fight over. And always, ALWAYS, communicate it in a way that she knows you care, rather than "because I said so!!!"

I do not have the perfect answers, because I do not have perfect children. But I've found the best to accept ducking when the punches come (i.e. - when they're in your face, defiant as ever), and hope and pray that they are never, EVER carted away in handcuffs or killed trying to test the boundaries! To me - the rest that comes is just fluff!!!

You've taken a good first step, though - some of my best advice has come from honest answers from other parents in the same situation. I'm sure your local school has some kind of recommendation for a parental support group. Believe it - it's worth every minute!!

Good luck!

Daughters are always a pain in the ass. You can't ever get rid of 'em. When they're 16, they're one kind of pain. When they're 35, they're just a different kind of pain in the ass.

Doc.

If raising kids was easy, it wouldn't be much of an accomplishment or a point of pride, would it?

Honestly -- I can't imagine I was easy to raise. I've had my fair share of troubles (I've cut off from half my family since some of these "troubles"), but I have come out pretty well thus far. I owe a lot of my success to my parents for instilling in me good values and work ethic. I'm sure you will do fine, keep at it, and remember we're thickheaded jackasses.

PS: I can't imagine raising a daughter. I just broke stuff and skipped school (well, and a little more). My sister, on the other hand.... Well... Good luck, sir!