• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Headed to Brooklyn... suggestions ?

Set-In-Stone

The Dude Abides
...So the misses and I are headed to Brooklyn NY for a friends wedding on April 20th. The Wedding is at St. Boniface and the reception at The Brooklyn Botanical Gardens... Needless to say, no cigars going on there I would imagine. I will probably have to just enjoy one Sat. at the Brooklyn Heights Promenade.

Anywho, I planned on curing my soon to be extreme hangover with a friendly dose of fried food Sat. morning/afternoon the only way I know how, at The Chip Shop. They deep fry everything and anything. You can even bring them stuff to deep fry for you. . . Really excited for that.

As for dinner, not too sure what to do? If anyone has any suggestions in/near Brooklyn, I would greatly appreciate any info. I am partial to unique restaurants/dives that may have been on Travel Channel/ Food Net./ or heavily trafficked by the locals. The 'ole lady is going to want something "light" after the Chip Shop so if there is a place that caters to pussies also, that would be great. :laugh: Thanks all. . .

Its not light, but Peter Luger's for dry- aged steaks...

Although, this might have other options:
http://brooklynbrewery.com/about

A second vote for Peter Luger's Steak for two is about $90 plus everything else so plan on at least $160 and you gotta try their bacon on the tomato and onion salad.

Peter Lugers does not have filet mignon so if you are seeking that, lugers is not for you. Great, aged steaks none-the-less as previously posted.

I'm a fan of Embers Steakhouse in Bay Ridge. Smaller, more affordable and IMO, in the top 3 of best steaks ive ever tasted. Ask for the dirty mash and their unique steak sauce. There are thousands of great spots, including dives, local places and popular places. Williamsburg has many different types of restaurants and food choices as well as bars/lounges. What kind of food were you thinking?

There is a biergarten called Radegast on N 3rd St. Open athmosphere, big mugs of beer and its. usually filled with people.

L & B's Spumoni Gardens is a great pizza & spumoni spot in Bensonhurst (sw part of Brooklyn). It was featured on Man vs Food and their square slice ranks with the best of em.

Let me know what you are looking for and i can possibly give you a few more suggestions.

Also...Last I knew they only take cash. I'd check on that before you go.

Not really true...Peter Luger has its own credit card. I've had one since 1998. So you either have to have cash to pay for your meal, or for plastic, a Peter Luger card.

Thanks for all the great advice guys! I am going to apply for that special card online but doubt I can get it to go through and get my card by Sat.(although, I guess I could just be 'in the system') . . Cash or a P.L Card only, I like their style! :whistling:
Looks like I am bringing the green-backs boys. No one ever turns that down.

Cigar FF - Im not really too picky. The 'ole lady really likes Chicken dishes. We both DO NOT eat pasta. Hard to find good dishes that are not 'over pasta'. I could care less about the price, as long as we both can get a great meal. . . If we have to get dressed up and I drop a few Benjis- fine. If we go to a dive and people are in pajamas at 7pm- also fine! As long as the food taste good! ;)
Mostly, we do not have to travel far from Brooklyn, and if possible, I love a place with some 'history' behind it.
I will check out the other places you had suggested, for they sound really good as well. Thanks

Not really true...Peter Luger has its own credit card. I've had one since 1998. So you either have to have cash to pay for your meal, or for plastic, a Peter Luger card.

True...but I'm pretty sure Austen does'nt have a Peter Luger CC

Hey ! What's that suppose to mean ? :angry: ROTFL :laugh:

It will be tough to get a dinner seating at Peter Luger's without a reservation. I would call and try to make one. It is a great place with lots of history. One of those "bucket list" things.

I never want to go to NY again.

I would suggest leaving ASAP.
haha was the accent too diffic-ah-lt (obvious typo) to decode or is this a Bo Sox/Yankees thing?

There are tons of different restaurants in Brooklyn. As long as you know which areas to stay out of, you should have no problem finding anything to satisfy your palette(s).