• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heading to Montreal

Greggj77

***Edited thought I was in the lobby. How do you move a post. DO I need to contact Rod?

Well gents, I will be heading up north to Montreal, leaving thursday coming back sunday. I have a bachelor party for one of my best friends and as the best man I get to plan some key stops on our trip. Now, I have not been to Montreal in many years so really do not know my way around all that well.

With that said, we definitely plan to check out some of canada's finest imports of both of the silicone and leaf varietals. :thumbs:

I was wondering if anyone here as any advice on local cigar bars or B&M's? There are a few other BOTL's in the crowd including the groom, so I would like to take them someplace nice that where I know the smokes are legit. Also any words of wisdom for spotting fake ISOM's or brands that would be suitibale for a special occassion and are less counterfeited ? I will be trolling through the archives especially Wilkeys ISOM threads as well to gets some smarts before we leave.

Also, if anyone has knowledge of the area I would be interested in other points of interest including restaurants, gentleman clubs, golf courses etc.

THanks in andvance for any assistance or words of wisdom.

I can't wait to leave, this should be a good one as this is the last of our crew to get married and if all goes well our last Bachelor party.

I have not been to Montreal in many years but used to be a frequent visitor.

I have no idea if it is still there but we had a very memorable bachelor party at a club called "Le Axe" which apparently is slang in French for female genitals (i.e. as in a place where an axe has made a cut).

Our taxi driver tried to talk us out of going there for at least 1/2 the trip LOL so we knew it had to be good... Very local, cheap beers, cheap food, and great floor show. Most of us stayed there for about eight hours. At the time they didn't care about cigar smoking either or more accurately when I asked them if it was OK to smoke cigars, they looked at me like I was insane, and said "of course, it's OK".

I think the smoking regs are a lot tighter now though.

Check out smoked meat at Schwartz' on St. Laurent after drinking. For strip clubs, check out Super Sexe on St. Catherine or Wanda's on De Maisonneuve near Crescent. Many strip clubs include danses contact (you figure it out). Not sure about cigar bars, but the attitude towards smoking is pretty relaxed everywhere. You'll almost certainly find one on Crescent or Bishop streets downtown, or in Westmount.

During the day, check out the Parc Mont-Royal or Ile Notre Dame (in the St. Laurence River). Take your families to the Biodome and Parc Olympique. I used to live near Sud-Ouest, so I went to the Marche Atwater fairly frequently; it's a public market and worth going to with families for lunch. Expensive and excellent steak dinner at Gibby's; less expensive and even more excellent food, wine, and beer is at Au Pied du Cochon. It'll absolutely blow you away. (If I recall correctly, Au Pied allowed smoking - in defiance of bylaws - the last time I was there.)

A pity that my favorite place to drink in Montreal isn't open to the public - it's the Town of Mount Royal RFC clubhouse :). But if you have brothers in rugby you might be able to drop by after a match.

One additional thing: almost everyone speaks a little english and most speak it well, but it always helps if you speak a little french. Even if it's awful, it smooths the waters, that kind of thing.