• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heading to St. Louis ...any cigar shop recommendations?

MichaelD

What does this button do again?
Work is taking me to Washington University this week, but I'll have some free time to explore any cigar shops in the local area. Anyone have any recommendations? I'll be staying close to the university. Not interested in doing anything touristy as I've done that on prior trips. I figure a good cigar lounge would be a nice way to spend an afternoon or evening.

Work is taking me to Washington University this week, but I'll have some free time to explore any cigar shops in the local area. Anyone have any recommendations? I'll be staying close to the university. Not interested in doing anything touristy as I've done that on prior trips. I figure a good cigar lounge would be a nice way to spend an afternoon or evening.
DM golfgar.

Ok just saw this. Is your lodging close to Wash U?

JR Cigars in Clayton is a good
Hill Cigar is a nice place for a smoke, BYOB.
Charles P Stanley is downtown and has drinks too.
Route 66 cigars is nice and comfortable BYOB but it's about 25 minutes from Wash U
There are still a few restaurants where smoking cigars is cool and if you are staying at the Ritz which is very close to Wash U they have a ciigar club you have access to if you are a hotel guest.

Nice to know cigars aren't dead in Missouri.

Watching this thread as I'll be heading to STL for a work conference in May. I'm not sure the museum is going to spring for the Ritz, but I'll pitch it to them... :)

Please let me know if you are coming in. MichaelD and I had dinner at the Missouri Athletic Club where cigar smoking is allowed after 3. They have hotel rooms as well and are cheaper than the Ritz.

But the Ritz is reaaaaaallly nice if you are doing this on a corporate dime.

And yes, we had a great meal, multiple drinks and a couple of fine cigars. :)

I'll let y'all know. It will be 7-10 May, plus probably a day or two on either end.

Aloha, sorry for the lack of updates here. We are leaving for St. Louis this afternoon, arriving tomorrow sometime (CST), and then flying back here Wednesday afternoon. We are staying at the Embassy Suites downtown. Anyone going to be around? Message if so and I'll send you my phone number. Maybe we can meet up for a smoke/drink some night, as I couldn't honestly care less about all this "museum stuff" going on...

Also, I guess I should start packing. Flight leaves in 4.5 hours...

Didn't we hit the Racquet Club when I came in Larry? I thought that was old school cool. Is that the same as the athletic club? If not, how do they compare?

Didn't we hit the Racquet Club when I came in Larry? I thought that was old school cool. Is that the same as the athletic club? If not, how do they compare?

We went to the Missouri Athletic Club downtown. The MAC is a more contemporary club which is much larger than The Racquet Cub. 3000 v. 350 members. Women members MAC.

That was a cool place to enjoy a smoke. Thanks again for that!

Any time, hope you make it back this way again.

IMG_3502.JPG
Met up with Nick (Kann) tonight and had a couple of nice cigars. I'm honored you had the time to meet up, thank you. It is my 25th wedding anniversary today but my wife was busy teaching tonight so I was fortunate to be able to meet up.

Attachments

• IMG_3494.JPG
    IMG_3494.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Good to see you guys got together. Looks like a relaxing night. Do I recognize that cigar case?