• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heaven Hill "Bottled in Bond"

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I used to hunt rabbits with an old friend who has since passed away. He always had a bottle of Heaven Hill in the fridge in his garage and everyone who hunted with us had to take a "cut of the harshness". It was the "cheap" Heaven Hill which was like $5 per gallon but I understand that the "Bottled in Bond" is actually well reputed.

I can't buy it in Ohio or Pa. Does anyone have the ability to buy this?

At $5 per gallon it was overpriced back in the day. Let me ask the vagrants in the back alley where they’ve been buying that sludge…I mean bourbon. But which do you want? The regular rot or the bottled in bond rot?

Heaven Hill shuffled their lineup a year or two ago. I think they got rid of the green label entirely if that’s the one you’re looking for. They still have the atrocious white label. I think the bottled in bond is blue label now but if I recall correctly they are aging it longer to reduce the headache-creating-eyesight-blinding-gastric-distress-inducing side effects that had become a certainty after drinking more than two ounces. Sort of a whole brand re-do, which I hope is a good thing. Bottled in bond will be a higher price now, I’d guess.

Let me check the shops by my office. They sell vast amounts of Heaven Hill. Just let me know which you’d want.

Why don’t you just get some Kessler’s and call it good?

At $5 per gallon it was overpriced back in the day. Let me ask the vagrants in the back alley where they’ve been buying that sludge…I mean bourbon. But which do you want? The regular rot or the bottled in bond rot?

Heaven Hill shuffled their lineup a year or two ago. I think they got rid of the green label entirely if that’s the one you’re looking for. They still have the atrocious white label. I think the bottled in bond is blue label now but if I recall correctly they are aging it longer to reduce the headache-creating-eyesight-blinding-gastric-distress-inducing side effects that had become a certainty after drinking more than two ounces. Sort of a whole brand re-do, which I hope is a good thing. Bottled in bond will be a higher price now, I’d guess.

Let me check the shops by my office. They sell vast amounts of Heaven Hill. Just let me know which you’d want.

Why don’t you just get some Kessler’s and call it good?
Bottled in bond please. I'm not buying it because I expect it to be awesome .... it's a little bit of tradition.

OHLQ indicates the state of Ohio doesn't sell it.
You are not talking about JTS are you? It says it’s made by Heaven Hill and it’s available at 100 proof.

You are not talking about JTS are you? It says it’s made by Heaven Hill and it’s available at 100 proof.
Screenshot_20220208-184638_Chrome.jpg

Where the hell is @Acclaym Nathan when you need him? Maybe he could shed some light on whether or not this is even worth pursuing?

LOL…Ohio and its aversion to importing sins. My office is about 1 mile inside Kentucky so I am not entirely restricted.

I really enjoy this particular bourbon. Haven’t had the cheaper version but this one is delicious in my opinion