• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help me identify this pipe?

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
It's 6 1/4" long, the shank is thin and wide, the stem says FRANCE , and it's briar........That's all I can tell you. BTW, how do the make a red briar wood black?

f_lh1a98a1g5cm_40464d7.jpg

f_lh1a98a1g5cm_c438118.jpg

f_lh1a98a1g5cm_47290e3.jpg

It's hard to say what it is since it is sans additional markings. It may be a basket pipe or a house brand from any number of shops. Someone more knowledgeable than I may be able to tell you more.

As for the color, pipes can be stained (dyed a lot of times) just about any color. It could actually be a very dark red that's just a little dirty. Cleaning it up may reveal it's true color, but it's true color may also just be black. It's fairly common for rusticated pipes to be black or very dark red.

It's a beaut. Enjoy it. :)

It's hard to say what it is since it is sans additional markings. It may be a basket pipe or a house brand from any number of shops. Someone more knowledgeable than I may be able to tell you more.

As for the color, pipes can be stained (dyed a lot of times) just about any color. It could actually be a very dark red that's just a little dirty. Cleaning it up may reveal it's true color, but it's true color may also just be black. It's fairly common for rusticated pipes to be black or very dark red.

It's a beaut. Enjoy it. :)

Thanks Alan! It's actually in very good condition and is clean as could be. I am finding that I like bent pips better than straight ones but this one smokes nicely......listen to me, as if I would know what a good smoking pipe is. ???