• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hemingway Madness

tasman

Just another Squirrel
I thought to myself if only there was a website that might have a close up picture of the three different types of hemingway's? Cameroon, Maduro and Sungrown

I found this but was wondering if a Sungrown could be thrown in the picture?
http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?al...cat=0&pos=1

Just curious how much difference it is? Wondering if I would be able to tell the difference if I actually had one in front of me?

A Sungrown Hemmi would never last long enough for me to take a picture....

Tim

Link is bad. You looking for a picture of a sungrown hemi? I can always take pictures of mine if you'd like!!! :D

I have a few Classic sungrown and when held up to a Classic maduro it's very hard to tell. If I take them outside and look closely in the natural light the sungrown has a slight reddish tint but if I weren't specifically looking for it I would probably miss it.

If you're ever this way we'll fire them up and compare the taste :thumbs:

No I didn't but I was afraid that unless you pulled it of the box marked sungrown and it was next to a maduro or somebody told you it was a sungrown would I be able to tell the difference.

Thanks for the website. It doesn't help in comparison?

Dean, I can try taking a side by side pic if you want? I do not have a fancy camera it might show something. I just hope I don't get them mixed up while taking the photo :0

Not sure I agree. The maduros are pretty dark. Although I would say the sungrown is closer in shade to the maduro, than to the Cameroon. Someone post a snap.

I bought one of these while I was in Vegas, didn't realize it was rare or anything. I'll take a pic when I get home.

Here they are in two different light settings. They go maduro, sun grown, maduro, sun grown. The pic actually makes it easier to tell than the naked eye, I can not tell the difference until I get outside in good daylight.

f_Madurovssunm_892fc89.jpg

f_madurovssunm_33ea31d.jpg

In my experience it varies form box to box as well. I have some sungrowns that are darker than some maduros and the other way around. I'm not sure I'd be confident enough to tell them apart by sight.

They really should put a different band or a second band on the different varieties. I suppose that would make them cost $1.00 more or something, though.

In my experience it varies form box to box as well. I have some sungrowns that are darker than some maduros and the other way around. I'm not sure I'd be confident enough to tell them apart by sight.

They really should put a different band or a second band on the different varieties. I suppose that would make them cost $1.00 more or something, though.

Agreed. Still would be cool to have a photo with all three. I've googled all over. Nothing.

Agreed. Still would be cool to have a photo with all three. I've googled all over. Nothing.

Look up

Look up

All three, including the Cameroon wrapper. Not a big deal anyway.