• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

LA Kings Fan

So it's that time of the year. The leaves start to turn colors and the crazyed hockey fans come out to play. Yes it's time to drop the puck and race towards Lord Stanely's cup. Best of luck to your favorite team but I must say Go Kings Go!

Bah, if Kerry Fraser didn't need glasses you Kings fans wouldn't have anything to cheer about aside from the old triple crown line. Gretzky was goon high sticking Dougie and all.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

It's the Red Wings' year this time around...!!!!!!!

Fugg you guys. Claude Julien just got a contract extension. Go Bruins. Oh, and by the way, does anyone know why dogie style is the preferred sexual position in Canada?

So they can both watch Hockey Night in Canada. ;)

Doc.

I am a bit perplexed by the Stars offseason moves, namely the firing of Tippett, and the addition of Newy as the GM. I respect Joe from his time as Stars player and the value he added to the team when we won our Stanely Cup, I just don't know what kind of impact he'll have on the team from the front office. This year could either be very good for us, or very, very bad. I'm still excited for the season to start nonetheless.

Fugg you guys. Claude Julien just got a contract extension. Go Bruins. Oh, and by the way, does anyone know why dogie style is the preferred sexual position in Canada?

So they can both watch Hockey Night in Canada. ;)

Doc.

Plus I need a place for my beer and pizza.

As always, I'm looking forward to the start of the season. Centre Ice package on Directv, FTW!!!

I don't know if i'm more excited for the season or for the new EA release of NHL 10. Nothing like 5 on 5 with a buncha dudes who are too old to be playing video games :D

Glad to see other hockey fans and teams being represented on the forums!

Bah, if Kerry Fraser didn't need glasses you Kings fans wouldn't have anything to cheer about aside from the old triple crown line. Gretzky was goon high sticking Dougie and all.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

With the Leaf's history I would hope that you would not be bitter Rural Guy, but I feel you pain. I believe in the saying, "you reap what you sow" and quite frankly Marty McSorley and his illegal stick during the third period in game two is karma coming back and bitting the Kings' in the ass.

Well I am a little bitter, being 29 I missed the Leafs glory years. Grew up with Ballard, had a brief spot of joy with Fletcher and Quinn and then had to suffer through JR. Also, as Leafs fan seeing the Canadiens beat the Kings for the Cup was no joy.

I think your Kings are likely to get back to the final before the Leafs with their stock of young guys, one good goalie away from making a stink in the playoffs this year I'd guess.

If you guys want to see what the Stanley Cup looks like, make a trip to Pittsburgh.

I am calling for a repeat.

LETS GO PENS!!!!!!!

Well I am a little bitter, being 29 I missed the Leafs glory years. Grew up with Ballard, had a brief spot of joy with Fletcher and Quinn and then had to suffer through JR. Also, as Leafs fan seeing the Canadiens beat the Kings for the Cup was no joy.

I think your Kings are likely to get back to the final before the Leafs with their stock of young guys, one good goalie away from making a stink in the playoffs this year I'd guess.

It's sad to say that i do not have the confidence in the King's management group. It seems that when every the Kings have a talented player on the roster he either gets traded away because it would be "too expensive" to keep said player or that he goes off into the free agent market signs with another team and then has a great year the next season. The Kings have a great group of relatively young talent but I am not sure if all of the players will stay. I am really hesitant about Alexander Frolov staying with the Kings. I would like if he were to stay but I'm nit sure if the Kings will want him to stay. Well thats just my two cents, its a shame I do not have control :laugh:

FLYERS, BABY!!!

I will always root for the Flyers, Lindros is/was one of my favorite players.
I wore #88 in a couple of roller hockey leagues I played in a few years back.
Also root for Detroit and New Jersey.

FlyersLogo.gif

Couldn't have been a worse opening night. Bruins got hammered and the Habs beat the Leafs in OT. At least, the leafs salvaged a point. 52 penalty min. in that one, including 6 majors for fighting. :laugh:

Doc.

Like Conn Smythe said, if you can't beat them in the alley you can't beat them on the ice. The Leafs might not win much this year but at least it should be entertaining.

Also, Lindros is a douche and a mamma's boy.

As for the Bruins Doc, well, Julien's shtick seems to get thin with players and now that he's in his 3rd year with the Bruins it's all down hill from here. However, as long as they beat the Habs they'll have my support, especially when they let Semin and Backstrom get 5 assists between them for my hockey pool.