• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Homemade Battery Powered Cirulation device

theebug

Gentlemen,

I am looking for an example or plans to build a battery powered circulation system for my coolidor. I know I can use an Oust fan, but they are bulky and fragile when disassembled.

I have found kits on the 'Net to build the switch part and was considering using a computer fan installed in an old cigar box. But I would like to get the insight of anyone here who may have already done this.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and I look forward to your insights.

Technically, it's a snap. From a practical standpoint, it's tough to beat an Oust fan in terms of cost, size or battery life.

I don't know why you'd dissassemble one. Just leave the smelly part out, and put it in the coolerdor as is. Done deal.

One man's opinion - B.B.S.

Technically, it's a snap. From a practical standpoint, it's tough to beat an Oust fan in terms of cost, size or battery life.

I don't know why you'd dissassemble one. Just leave the smelly part out, and put it in the coolerdor as is. Done deal.

One man's opinion - B.B.S.

My thoughts exactly, the batteries seem to last forever due to the on/off feature and it works perfectly as far as moving air. I took the front cover off mine ( 2 screws) because it seemed to improve the airflow a bit, it made it a tad slimmer as well if space is an issue.

Nate

I agree for the most part with the previous posters. The only thing is depending on the size of the unit the oust fans may not moved enough air for you. I am running a vinotemp and installed two CPU fans in the bottom that have worked out very well. They very in expensize. You can find them online on the computer supplies website as well as Ebay.

mini_led_fan_01__94936.jpg

Not an Oust!

Edit to add some content - LINKY

My problem with the Oust fans is that they just don't seem to last. I've gone through 4 in my humidor since setting it up 3 years ago. They just stopped working (and yes, I changed the batteries). Maybe it's the aliens hovering over this area...

I've been thinking about wiring something up since the Oust fans don't seem to be available around here anymore.

My problem with the Oust fans is that they just don't seem to last. I've gone through 4 in my humidor since setting it up 3 years ago. They just stopped working (and yes, I changed the batteries). Maybe it's the aliens hovering over this area...

I've been thinking about wiring something up since the Oust fans don't seem to be available around here anymore.

I blame it on your proximity to Canada.

I blame it on your proximity to Canada.

Hey! We've got nothing to do with killing Oust fans!