• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How many Dots on a Partagas No. 5?

theebug

Learned scholars,

I was reading the recent thread about a potential batch of fake Partagas D No.4. One of the ways that they were identified as fakes is that they did not have the right number of dots (periods).

Well I checked my number 4's and they all had 3 dots but it got me thinking. How many dots are my No.5 Limited edition's supposed to have?

Well there is only one dot after the number 5. Is that how many there should be?

They came from a reliable source (or at least I believe so) but I am looking for additional verification.

All help and opinions are welcome

I would say that the number of dots should only be an indicator, not a determining factor. It does appear some PSD4s with labels conatining fewer dots are still be confirmed as authentic boxes by the Habanos website. Afterall, this is Cuba we are talking about here. Just a little food for thought.

Learned scholars,

I was reading the recent thread about a potential batch of fake Partagas D No.4. One of the ways that they were identified as fakes is that they did not have the right number of dots (periods).

Well I checked my number 4's and they all had 3 dots but it got me thinking. How many dots are my No.5 Limited edition's supposed to have?

Well there is only one dot after the number 5. Is that how many there should be?

They came from a reliable source (or at least I believe so) but I am looking for additional verification.

All help and opinions are welcome

Did you finish reading the entire thread?

I have read the entire Partagas D4 thread and I just read it again.I guess I am missing something because I am not sure what you are pointing out that I must have missed.

Happy to have you highlight my misunderstanding. Always willing to learn.

So really the dots aren't a factor of validity? How many dots are there usually on the No. 5s?

The one I got from a BOTL has 1 dot on it, after the NO, before the 5 (NO. 5)...