• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How old are some of the cigars in your humidor?

Bu11dog

I just checked all my humidor's the other day and realized I have a few boxes from 2009 in there.
I started smoking cigars in 2007 if memory serves me. I guess I didn't realize I had smokes that have been aging that long! I love those sampler packages that they offer around all the typical holidays and I have a few of them that are that old as well.
So I see a couple different questions for you here:
1) What's the oldest cigar that you have in your humidor?
And/or
2) What do you like to "collect" in the cigar realm and hold on to for aging or whatever?

Buying boxes is a relatively new thing for me, so my oldest box is tickling a year old.

Aging wasn't something I even considered. Now I should have enough stock to have some get buried in the Tetris pile.

Several boxes of mine are at least 10 yrs old.
I have some factory 5 packs that are probably 20+ yrs old.

Only stuff I've ever consciously aged is from Cuba. Other than that, it is a result of Cigar Acquisition Disorder.

I think my oldest is from 2002. A high percentage (90% have 2-7 years) of rest and age.
The only cigars that I am intentionally aging is Opus X and Anejos.
I rarely buy cigars any more as I have doubts about living long enough to enjoy the cigars I have. Time will tell.

Old enough for gommint work! Sheesh, these days I try to have a ready supply ready-to-smoke(couple years). These dsys, I'm less aficionado and more fishin' Yahoo.

Have a very special Ashton VSG from 2001 but the oldest is Pre Embargo RyJ

I think my oldest is a 2005 Punch double corona.

Oldest that I've personally aged is a 2009 Don Pepin Cuban Classic black label.

I've got a Partagas (Lusi I think) from 1998 still hanging around.

I have a Henry Clay from the fifties, and a handful from either side of 2000.

I have a Cohiba from 2006.

It's the infamous 40th Anniversario barberpole. :confused::eek:o_O

My best friend's father, after we upgraded him from "Backwoods" and "Rum Crooks" to premium handrolls, got all excited to have scored some "rare, genuine Cubans" and gifted us both one.

It's the thought that counts, right? I've kept it in my humidor ever since. Well away from the other sticks! ;)

~Boar

Most of my oldest are late 90's that I have traded for or been gifted. Most of my personal aged stock is from 2007 and 2008. I remember back in the day thinking I couldn't wait to have aged cigars, and low and behold it just happened over time. Mine are not crazy aged, but doing pretty good.

I have a few Webster Clear Havana's from 1949. A couple Monties from the early 80's and 2 Davidoff 2000's from late 70's.

Most of my oldest are late 90's that I have traded for or been gifted. Most of my personal aged stock is from 2007 and 2008. I remember back in the day thinking I couldn't wait to have aged cigars, and low and behold it just happened over time. Mine are not crazy aged, but doing pretty good.
That's how mine happened, I just didn't realize it's been that long! Apparently I need to smoke more and work less so I don't have any stock.

I have some aged Pineapple White Owls that I got several years ago from someone here! Did I win?

Last edited:
Oldest I have right now are a few Cohiba Maduro V's from a box I acquired in 2011. Nothing too aged, here. I smoke my cigars and keep the fridgidor busy on a regular basis. Since this isn't where we are settling down, I don't want to have too big of an inventory to have to mail halfway around the world, again. That was a pain in the ass, and I lost a few in that ordeal.

I do have a Puros Indios from 2001, but that is probably so unsmokable it's not funny. It's the last from a box my buddy sent me unexpectedly during a rough time, so it is more of a sentimental keepsake than anything else.