• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How's this deal?

SkyKing

One of the big online stores is offering:

10-Cigar Sampler includes big-name appearances by three Montecristo Churchill (7.00 x 50), two Playboy Churchill (7.00 x 50), two La Gloria Cubana Double Corona (7.75 x 49), and three Partagas Fabuloso (7.00 x 52)​

They're asking $40. Similar Maduro sampler for same price is also being offered. I'm tempted but depending on response here, will go for a 2nd Newbie Sampler trade.​

Thx​

Agreed, spend your money more wisely. There is the Newbie Sampler, there are respected members on this board that own shops and so on.

Pass on the junk imho.

For my education, you classify all of these as junk? Are any of them decent smokes?

For the record, I'm skipping this and going on my second newbie round.

Honestly...I do find myself enjoying the Playboy line of cigars from time to time. It's not too bad for a mild stick.

I agree with this! Playboy Robustos were the second box of cigars I ever bought, my buddies and I burned through them pretty fast. The first cigar I ever purchased legally was a Playboy Robusto and I bought 2, I smoked one on my 18th birthday, and one on the 6th for my 21st birthday. It's was enjoyable, smooth and mild, but my tastes have definitely changed and it's a dog rocket compared to the rest of the stock.

For my education, you classify all of these as junk? Are any of them decent smokes?

For the record, I'm skipping this and going on my second newbie round.

Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. What others think doesn't matter.

I think, generally speaking, most guys here tend to stay away from the lines from the really big guys (General, Altadis, etc.). I know for me it's not necessarily because their stuff is "bad" but because there are, in my opinion, much better cigars for the money.

This ^

Now that I think of it, this smoke what you like is a bunch of crap. I've known people who like Chief Boy-Ar-Dee canned spaghetti. I cannot in good conscious let people eat that crap. I also cannot in good conscious let people smoke shitty cigars, and if it's from General or Altadis, it's probably a shitty cigar.

Doc.

If you're looking for a every day smokes, hit up the NST again, ask for cheap every day smokes. Or just wait until I get up and I have piles of great every day smokes!

I enjoy the La Gloria Cubana .. But yes the Newbie sampler will be much much much better bang for your buck

there is better stuff for the money. we need to meet up again. I'll show you some stuff which i think youll enjoy more.

I will never smoke a cigar a non-Cuban with a Cuban name! To me that's like taking a Kia and proclaiming it to be a Bentley just because you swapped the badges to say Bentley. I really do have a problem with them stealing the names of long standing Cuban cigars just to make a buck.

The Padrons own the Jose L. Piedra marca. If they decide to use it, I'll try it!

This ^

Now that I think of it, this smoke what you like is a bunch of crap. I've known people who like Chief Boy-Ar-Dee canned spaghetti. I cannot in good conscious let people eat that crap. I also cannot in good conscious let people smoke shitty cigars, and if it's from General or Altadis, it's probably a shitty cigar.

Doc.

Doc, that seriously made me laugh my ass off. Well put.

To chime in here with some advice, you obviously went the better (astronomically) choice of the NST. You also should try hitting up the vendors we have here like Isy and Keystone (Jim), and see what they can put together for you. They will ask you what you like and put together a great sampler with smokes you may not have had before. I've done this myself and am always really happy with the results.

Most of the guys have smoked their way past the samplers. Their advice is good. Not everyone can afford to smoke $8 - $10 sticks every time they light up. If you can find a great yardgar that you enjoy, more power to you.

Most of the guys have smoked their way past the samplers. Their advice is good. Not everyone can afford to smoke $8 - $10 sticks every time they light up. If you can find a great yardgar that you enjoy, more power to you.

When I started smoking, one of my main goals was to find a hidden gem in the $4-6 range.. I'll admit that I came across a few that I enjoyed, but in the end, they just ended up being inconsistent smokes that I couldn't count on.

You also should try hitting up the vendors we have here like Isy and Keystone (Jim), and see what they can put together for you. They will ask you what you like and put together a great sampler with smokes you may not have had before. I've done this myself and am always really happy with the results.

x2 on this. Great advice.

I will never smoke a cigar a non-Cuban with a Cuban name! To me that's like taking a Kia and proclaiming it to be a Bentley just because you swapped the badges to say Bentley.

I would agree with this, but there are exceptions. Not every NC with a cuban name is completely awful. I enjoy some of the ERDM's and the Sancho Panza's for what they are....inexpensive, but decent, yard gars good for smoking while mowing or fishing.