• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor #1 - Trinidad 100th Anniversary

wrussell46

Davidoff Sherpa
I love Humidors, and if I could, I’d have a lot more! Everything about cigars to me is just rich in craftsmanship, history and tradition, and I truly enjoy that aspect.

I currently have four, two of which are vintage eBay finds that turned out better than expected.

eBay find #1 was this Trinidad 100th Anniversary. I couldn’t find a lot of information about the TTT other than the obvious. It’s the 100th Anniversary and if I recall, you could buy them with the corresponding cigars.

It’s solid African Mahogany with a gorgeous dark stain and piano finish. It has a top box and front magnetized door with three drawers. No metal hardware, very simple slides. I have a Boveda holder on top for humidification, and 5 packs that fit underneath the bottom of the drawers. Works perfectly.

The top holds my Cuban Collection with the oldest cigars I have overall-an Uppman from 1978 and a QDO from the mid 80’s.
The drawers are for my Davidoff and Montecristo cigars. One for regular Dav production and early generation Room 101, the other Dav for Limited Editions. The Monte drawer has some original release Platinum, Serie V and White Label from the early 2000’s, along with the Vegas and NY Connoisseur editions, which are fantastic smokes, the Vegas especially.

I’m working on my Davidoff Collection at the moment, which I am quite happy with after securing a Rabbit during Christmas Vacation.

Thanks for reading and taking a look. Cheers!

Attachments

• DC68CAA3-DCED-47B8-9B09-A357F42701A8.jpeg
    DC68CAA3-DCED-47B8-9B09-A357F42701A8.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 36
  • F927F8A8-D2E1-4147-B410-2B4689F1BFAF.jpeg
    F927F8A8-D2E1-4147-B410-2B4689F1BFAF.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 8E32355A-4836-4B12-833D-EB4F32EAFC7E.jpeg
    8E32355A-4836-4B12-833D-EB4F32EAFC7E.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 31
  • D2A9973B-AF81-488B-BB2B-11EBA4878FD6.jpeg
    D2A9973B-AF81-488B-BB2B-11EBA4878FD6.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 6FF6DD93-636A-48DC-865A-9A71DCA1A1E5.jpeg
    6FF6DD93-636A-48DC-865A-9A71DCA1A1E5.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I love Humidors, and if I could, I’d have a lot more! Everything about cigars to me is just rich in craftsmanship, history and tradition, and I truly enjoy that aspect.

I currently have four, two of which are vintage eBay finds that turned out better than expected.

eBay find #1 was this Trinidad 100th Anniversary. I couldn’t find a lot of information about the TTT other than the obvious. It’s the 100th Anniversary and if I recall, you could buy them with the corresponding cigars.

It’s solid African Mahogany with a gorgeous dark stain and piano finish. It has a top box and front magnetized door with three drawers. No metal hardware, very simple slides. I have a Boveda holder on top for humidification, and 5 packs that fit underneath the bottom of the drawers. Works perfectly.

The top holds my Cuban Collection with the oldest cigars I have overall-an Uppman from 1978 and a QDO from the mid 80’s.
The drawers are for my Davidoff and Montecristo cigars. One for regular Dav production and early generation Room 101, the other Dav for Limited Editions. The Monte drawer has some original release Platinum, Serie V and White Label from the early 2000’s, along with the Vegas and NY Connoisseur editions, which are fantastic smokes, the Vegas especially.

I’m working on my Davidoff Collection at the moment, which I am quite happy with after securing a Rabbit during Christening Vacation.

Very nice! People are usually so zoned in on Spanish Cedar, that African Mahogany gets overlooked.. or they're just not aware of the properties it has that are perfect for cigar storage. I had a beautiful 200ct AM humi that I ended up gifting to a buddy who was in love with it. He was just starting his cigar journey.. but I was well into my 3rd cooler at that point.

Nice little habano stash you got going on as well. They go perfectly with the humi! Trinidad is the first CC I got really into. Did a box split with a buddy and haven't looked back since.

Also, I did get your text earlier today, but work was zany after everyone being gone over the holidays. Should have time tomorrow evening to talk. 👍

I’m working on my Davidoff Collection at the moment, which I am quite happy with after securing a Rabbit during Christmas Vacation.

@wrussell46 stunning photos and overall nice collection. Big fan of davidoff aswell, seeing those drawers makes me want to smoke my own 😁

Great e-bay find. I live in an area that has a lot of large antique malls. Me and my wife like going to see what odd items can be found. I'll have to keep my eyes out for old humidors.

@xyz123 thanks brother! No worries, I know you’ll be in touch.
There are a few good wood choices for Humidors, especially if you’re building your own. Biggest thing I look for is solid wood, not sheets or veneer, which is also why I like older Humidors. They didn’t cut corners back in the day.
My favorite CC is between Monte Petite Edmundo and the Partagas 8-9-8. I’m working my way slowly through the brands and vitolas.

@Jsilverhands thank you! Some days they are too pretty to smoke! What’s your favorite Dav?

@ckreef its a lot of fun. The next thread I’ll post is a very cool vintage piece that is my favorite. I recently refreshed a thrift store Humidor for a co-worker. It was beat up but seasoned well and sealed perfectly. I was skeptical, but pleasantly surprised.

@cabaiguan juan thank you! I’m known for a few things, trading poor sticks isn’t one of them!

@xyz123 thanks brother! No worries, I know you’ll be in touch.
There are a few good wood choices for Humidors, especially if you’re building your own. Biggest thing I look for is solid wood, not sheets or veneer, which is also why I like older Humidors. They didn’t cut corners back in the day.
My favorite CC is between Monte Petite Edmundo and the Partagas 8-9-8. I’m working my way slowly through the brands and vitolas.

@Jsilverhands thank you! Some days they are too pretty to smoke! What’s your favorite Dav?

@ckreef its a lot of fun. The next thread I’ll post is a very cool vintage piece that is my favorite. I recently refreshed a thrift store Humidor for a co-worker. It was beat up but seasoned well and sealed perfectly. I was skeptical, but pleasantly surprised.

@cabaiguan juan thank you! I’m known for a few things, trading poor sticks isn’t one of them!

Favorite go to davidoff has to be the Gran Cru Nr.2.
Rich flavor (slightly caramelized bread crust, unsalted nut mix and some kick) in a small vitola. Goes great with an espresso which also forces you to take small sips and identify flavors.

But the best I've had was a cuban davidoff Nr.2
This cigar had me salivating with every other puff.
inCollage_20211117_174553526.jpg

Hope to smoke below one of these days, but the timing isn't quite right yet.

InCollage_20220426_191207951.jpg

Missed out on getting the year of the tiger 🐅
Could you share your thoughts?

Favorite go to davidoff has to be the Gran Cru Nr.2.
Rich flavor (slightly caramelized bread crust, unsalted nut mix and some kick) in a small vitola. Goes great with an espresso which also forces you to take small sips and identify flavors.

But the best I've had was a cuban davidoff Nr.2
This cigar had me salivating with every other puff.
View attachment 64356

Hope to smoke below one of these days, but the timing isn't quite right yet.

View attachment 64355

Missed out on getting the year of the tiger 🐅
Could you share your thoughts?

Excellent! I recently picked up a Cru No.2, and I agree the smaller RG in the lighter wrapper Davidoffs are delicious. I enjoy both the Gran Cru and Signature blends.

Cuban Davidoff…WOW…that is a treat that only exists in my cigar dreams. I’ve seen them for sale, but unobtainable.
What an experience to have smoked one. Truly a piece of cigar history.

A dear friend bought me the Royal Release Salomon and I am in the same spot, timing is everything, especially for the vitola. I am in love with Salomon’s as well…I’ll post up one of my favorites soon.

The Tiger was, for me, disappointing. The owner of a private club I purchase from said it was one of his favorites of the recent Zodiac releases, however I’ve found he and I have vastly different tastes when it comes to cigars.
I found the Tiger to be along the same profile as the Aniversario series, which I do not prefer.
Smooth, mild, with hints of nuts and cream, and a light, wispy smoke. The wrapper is very fragile and def takes your attention away from enjoying the cigar.
For Connecticut lovers, it’s a dream, which I am sure will get better with time. At this point it’s just part of the Collection and down the road I’ll gift it to someone.

Excellent! I recently picked up a Cru No.2, and I agree the smaller RG in the lighter wrapper Davidoffs are delicious. I enjoy both the Gran Cru and Signature blends.

Cuban Davidoff…WOW…that is a treat that only exists in my cigar dreams. I’ve seen them for sale, but unobtainable.
What an experience to have smoked one. Truly a piece of cigar history.

A dear friend bought me the Royal Release Salomon and I am in the same spot, timing is everything, especially for the vitola. I am in love with Salomon’s as well…I’ll post up one of my favorites soon.

The Tiger was, for me, disappointing. The owner of a private club I purchase from said it was one of his favorites of the recent Zodiac releases, however I’ve found he and I have vastly different tastes when it comes to cigars.
I found the Tiger to be along the same profile as the Aniversario series, which I do not prefer.
Smooth, mild, with hints of nuts and cream, and a light, wispy smoke. The wrapper is very fragile and def takes your attention away from enjoying the cigar.
For Connecticut lovers, it’s a dream, which I am sure will get better with time. At this point it’s just part of the Collection and down the road I’ll gift it to someone.
Looking forward to the salomones post 👍 and appreciate your view on the year of the tiger. Cheers.