• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor Fillers..

gt3911

Hi all,

Just seeking a quick bit of advise here for my next purchase, I'll soon have an order coming in (from here )

I don’t get the opportunity to smoke cigars too often at all, but I often find I could really enjoy one when a few friends are over, but the problem is as a new cigar smoker my humidor is full of samplers, and whenever I feel the urge to light up, a friend will always ask if he can join me, which then becomes a cigar I don’t get to try anymore. This has left me deciding not to fulfil that urge for a smoke. To fix this, I’d like to chuck in some cheap sticks that I wont mind handing out, and also wont mind smoking when I fancy a quick one.

There’s a huge amount available at this store, whenever I shop I’m often lost, and don’t always trust the reviews shown.

I seem to of landed on two, that I know nothing about at all, one seems to have great reviews, the other mixed.

1) here

2) here

Does anyone here have any experience with the above, or could you possibly recommend something else that’s currently in stock?

Many thanks!

For many of us here our first box and or go to cigar has been the Padron 2000 series. Great value for the money ...period. They were my very first box purchase....and one of my favorites. Now these are NC and considering you are in the UK a CC may be an option for you. But I am not qualified to comment on that.

good luck brother

For many of us here our first box and or go to cigar has been the Padron 2000 series. Great value for the money ...period. They were my very first box purchase....and one of my favorites. Now these are NC and considering you are in the UK a CC may be an option for you. But I am not qualified to comment on that.

good luck brother

X2
Also Padron Londres Msrp $50.00 Can't go wrong
Good Luck
CHris

You beat me to it. I was gonna suggest the padron londres. Great smoke and cheap enough it probably won't bug you to watch your friends throw one out half smoked. Check local B&M for some cheap sticks. Spend a buck and try one, and you might find something decent you can pick up a bundle of.

I feel your pain on dishing out sticks I haven't gotten to try yet.

If you want your friends to actually finish a cigar with you, make sure they're mild, mild to medium at most. A medium to full bodied cigar will have them changing colors on you.

If you want your friends to actually finish a cigar with you, make sure they're mild, mild to medium at most. A medium to full bodied cigar will have them changing colors on you.
Which can be alot of fun Bruce...party pooper!
I would say the Padron 2k's or if you want a bundle cigar, Flor De Olivia naturals are decent for the money as well.
Rob

I second the Flor de Olivas. Also, the Oliva family makes a good cheap smoke called Sol Cubano. They are mild at best and quite enjoyable for a novice.

Wow, thanks for all the replies!

I failed to find Consuegra in stock at Famous.

Thanks for the pardon suggestion, A bit over budget for me really, however you've tempted me to add some 2000's to my stash! Can you advise me here, from this page ( here i'm not sure what the 5/4 means? I'm wanting the 2000 4 pack or 2000 5/4, it seems like theres 1 extra stick for the same price....

It looks like the Flor de Olivas are exactly what i'm looking for - thanks!!

cheap, and delicious. Same exact thing as the Patel sungrowns, I love these and always recommend them in the "I'm looking for a good cheap smoke" threads.

go to famous smoke shop and on the pull down menu pick "Patel Factory Selects"

I needs to order me a new bundle...

Thanks Andrew,

In reply to my own question in #9, it seems I've come across a mistake, if you follow the link given above, it would appear that the 5/4 is refering to 5 packs of 4 cigars, You can see 5/4 Maduro is listed at $72 yet the 5/4 Natural @ $14.40 the same price as 1 pack of 4. If i'm right, you padron fans might want to jump on that...

Thanks Andrew,

In reply to my own question in #9, it seems I've come across a mistake, if you follow the link given above, it would appear that the 5/4 is refering to 5 packs of 4 cigars, You can see 5/4 Maduro is listed at $72 yet the 5/4 Natural @ $14.40 the same price as 1 pack of 4. If i'm right, you padron fans might want to jump on that...
Anyone try this??

Derek

i just jumped on it, we will see what happens.
Me too. 20 padron 2000's shipped for $14.40!??!?!!?!? :thumbs: That's a steal... :D

Derek

edit to add: Thanks gt3911 for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!

No worries! I was lookin for a nice priced set of sticks but once I worked out what was going on I found far more than what I was looking for!!

I'm not sure how it works across the sea - but over here if something is advertised at X price then it has to sell for X price, mistake or not.

You'll find out before me, as I wont be able to receive my order until the 1st Nov, so if you get lucky let me know :)

No worries! I was lookin for a nice priced set of sticks but once I worked out what was going on I found far more than what I was looking for!!

I'm not sure how it works across the sea - but over here if something is advertised at X price then it has to sell for X price, mistake or not.

You'll find out before me, as I wont be able to receive my order until the 1st Nov, so if you get lucky let me know :)

That's the way it is supposed to be over there as well. Well im hoping for a nice large box to show up at my door considering i ordered 5 of the 5 packs :thumbs: If they come in there will be multiple pardron 2000 bombs going out lol.

Thats good to hear,

I'd of done the same but i'm limited on space - I'm just borrowing some room in a friends suit case who's currently out there - I think a large box turning up at his door wouldnt impress him at all!

You can't go wrong with padron's but i want to recommend artoro fuente's cuban corona. Good luck