• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor friendly glue?

gr8full2day

FNG in Training
Hey guys,

I have a question about using glue in my humidor...My black plastic humidifying thinga-ma-bob, has a magnet and some double sided tape to hold in place...just curious if I should:

A. Remove the double sided sticky pad thingy and magnet and replace with velcro

OR

B. Glue the metal that attracts the magnet to hold in place as the double-sided sticky-thing lets go under weight of humidifying-thinga-ma-bob.

Thanks...

Russell

Russ-
A - skip the velcro
B - glue the metal thingy that holds the humidifying-thing-a-mabob to the inside of your garage door
C - Send me all the cigars currently in your humidor
D - Ignore all the above!

I wouldn't glue anything..... especially if your gluing to the wood. I would not want to ruin the wood with glue. What do ya do if ya want to remove it. I would use Velcro, I just put one of those remote sensors in my Igloodor and used Industrial strength velcro because it said it was good for wet environments (sp).

My 2¢........

What about if the screws in the brackets give out, and the lid now comes off instead of raising off? :whistling:

Velcro is used in all my Humi's. Never had any problem.

Even when you peel off the Velcro from the wood, it doesn't damage the surface.

how about good ol' elmers wood glue? safe, non-toxic, and non scented after drying. even dries clear, and cleans up easily with damp sponge, other wise, velcro is on mine for holding the hygrometer and the oasis. take care..rob

a newbie with brains, I like this guy! :thumbs:

i resemble that remark... :whistling:

They make an "exterior" velcro that stands up like a champ to moisture over time, and also sticks to porus surfaces. I'd recommend that. Regular wood glue is ok for the inside of a humidor, but why ruin the beautiful spanish cedar with glue. I'd just velcro it. You can get this "exterior" velcro at any major hardware store, like Home Depot or Lowest.