• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hunt for a Lighter

gt3911

Hey,

You all gave me amazing replies to my previous post here I decided that it might be worth me picking your brains again to try and find a lighter I can use :)

For my pipe smoking I use a normal Zippo, which I can manage fine, I enjoy the extra manoeuvrability I get on a zippo, as once its lit, you’re quite free to hold it easily, as there’s no requirement to hold down a button to keep the flame alive.

Unfortunately when smoking alone, this means I do indeed light up with my fuel filled Zippo.

I've had a few lighters and found them all quite difficult so far, especially ones that have a 'child safe' click on the igniter.

I also own the Z plus insert, as I quite like the Jet flames, I can just about manage to light this, but it takes me forever, and I burn off so much gas before I manage to get the thing to ignite its spends most of its life empty! The click to get it to fire is just a tiny bit too hard.

I came across this and decided I’d buy it, The price is okay, it looks like I’d be able to get a fairly decent grip on it to fire it. However for some reason I cant find any shop that will ship this to the UK, I’m not sure why that is but I’ve tried a few stores now with no luck.

Could anyone point me in the direction of another lighter similar to the above that should be easy to fire up.

Thanks

My whole smoking experience in life was wasted until Infinity and Blinded By Science turned me towards the beauty of Blazer. PB-207, can't beat it. Southside Cigar just ran a group buy that might still be open. I'd get in on that if I were you, I'm sure he would work out shipping for you personally.

Southside's Blazers: http://www.southsidecigar.com/catalog/inde...ffirodtj6o8qfk0

Blazer's Website: http://www.blazerproducts.com/lighters/torch.html

ALL ELSE FAILS, shimmy on down to your nearest hardware store and pick up one of these:
ul100.jpg

Can't beat the price at about 7 bucks, and she'll always love you. :love:

I second the Blazer, especially the clear one. Youll never need to guess if you have enough fuel in it. I picked one up a few months back, and it is by far the best lighter to use for cigars, its got a lock button on it so you dont have to hold down the ignition and burn your hand.

I just bought a Xikar Pluge thats working really well for me. Its really breezy here and this one seems to hold up well. I've only had it for aweek, but so far so good.

art

My whole smoking experience in life was wasted until Infinity and Blinded By Science turned me towards the beauty of Blazer. PB-207, can't beat it. Southside Cigar just ran a group buy that might still be open. I'd get in on that if I were you, I'm sure he would work out shipping for you personally.

Southside's Blazers: http://www.southsidecigar.com/catalog/inde...ffirodtj6o8qfk0

Blazer's Website: http://www.blazerproducts.com/lighters/torch.html
I think souldog meant this one...at least this place is a little closer to you :laugh:

Thanks for all the suggestions!

After a quick bit of searching it seems that if I do go for the Blazer, I need to avoid the PB207.CR (Child resistant) as this could be an issue. Are the products in the group buy the none CR variant? Can anyone comment if they feel the Blazer is easier to ignite than a Z plus?

If you have read my other thread the reason for this is that I suffer from a muscular condition and have very limited strength. I'm not to worried about it being the best lighter, most reliable lighter, just easy to ignite.

I can absolutely ship to the UK, no problem.

The PB-207 models all have the child lock. The reasoning is the look of the lighter can be mistaken for a toy (so to speak).
The CG-001 is the same internal workings and tank size as the PB-207, yet because of the design with the flip top, does not have a child lock.
The CG-001 is very popular and is a snap to light, I have not had any complaints.

You will see the CG-001 on the lighter page below in 4 colors

Lighters

Dave

Awesome, Thanks Dave,

Would you say that the CG-001 takes less effort to light than the Z-Plus?