• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hunting (warning, pictures of dead animals inside)

I have to admit I'm a little jealous, the only thing I have been hunting for in the last few years are my car keys when I loose them!

Good luck!

I post this because there are two interesting stories that go with it. 2012 was a nasty hunting season weather wise, freezing rain most of the week. So ...... we (my son, nephew, and I) built this shanty on my Son in laws property to have a place to get in out of the bad weather as opposed to going back to the cabin.

1. After we built it, I told my son and nephew to bring any white paint they had laying around, we would mix it all together, and I would buy tint so we could paint it camo. The tint didn't work so well and we ended up with "Key West" camo. Brown became pink, black became grey, and green became mint green. But it generated some laughs and stories which is what hunting is all about.

2. We loved what we had built so much that we decided to hunt from our new palace despite perfect weather. By 15 minutes after daylight, on the first day, we had these five on the ground and were in a panic because we all had the entire week off and our tags were nearly filled an hour into the season. I took some time off, made a few calls, and made arrangements to donate all but two of these. We never saw another deer all week!

You will notice the cooler of food and case of water on the "porch". We built a small shelf inside for a propane stove so we could make coffee, cook breakfast, make chili, etc. We had heat and music. We spent the best part of a week in our palace, eating, playing cards, and smoking cigars. But the word was out ..... not another deer came within sight!

first year shanty.jpg

I post this because there are two interesting stories that go with it. 2012 was a nasty hunting season weather wise, freezing rain most of the week. So ...... we (my son, nephew, and I) built this shanty on my Son in laws property to have a place to get in out of the bad weather as opposed to going back to the cabin.

1. After we built it, I told my son and nephew to bring any white paint they had laying around, we would mix it all together, and I would buy tint so we could paint it camo. The tint didn't work so well and we ended up with "Key West" camo. Brown became pink, black became grey, and green became mint green. But it generated some laughs and stories which is what hunting is all about.

2. We loved what we had built so much that we decided to hunt from our new palace despite perfect weather. By 15 minutes after daylight, on the first day, we had these five on the ground and were in a panic because we all had the entire week off and our tags were nearly filled an hour into the season. I took some time off, made a few calls, and made arrangements to donate all but two of these. We never saw another deer all week!

You will notice the cooler of food and case of water on the "porch". We built a small shelf inside for a propane stove so we could make coffee, cook breakfast, make chili, etc. We had heat and music. We spent the best part of a week in our palace, eating, playing cards, and smoking cigars. But the word was out ..... not another deer came within sight!

View attachment 48961
Those stairs need a hand rail. It’s a fall safety hazard. Recommend having a handyman install on for fall safety.

I wondered about those colors, but was always afraid to ask.