• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hydra Humidifier question

jepe

After almost a month with the new wine cooler I couldn't be happier BUT,
I can get the RH up.
It always stuck on 59% max.
Its a 28 bottles cooler,I have 2 ponds of beads inside spread around but nothing seems to help me raise the RH.
I set the temp at as high as I can ,18C,any lower then that the RH will drop to 50%.

Will the Hydra Humidifier help keep a good RH(68%~) or is it too much for such a small
Cooler\humidor.

My main concern is that th cigars will dry up eventually.

Hydra has at least three models. The two big ones will definitely do it.

Wouldn't it cause a over-humidity ?
In the descreption it says "up to 8 cubic feet" ,well that way bigger then the volume of my wine cooler.

Also how does it work?
Do I need to drill a hole for the electricity?

Wouldn't it cause a over-humidity ?
In the descreption it says "up to 8 cubic feet" ,well that way bigger then the volume of my wine cooler.

Also how does it work?
Do I need to drill a hole for the electricity?
You can set the desired RH and it will turn off the fan when it is reached. You can also calibrate the digital hygrometer to make sure it is accurate.

Too small an area is not much of a concern. I've talked to smokers who have used the large one in a 100 count desktop, although it takes up space and is overkill.

It uses a AC converter and a ribbon cable that is very slim and slips between any seal without causing damage or leaks. No need to drill holes.

It also has a "water low" alarm. The biggest model has an exterior control so you don't need to open the humi to monitor or change setting. The only difference between the large and the biggest is the biggest has two fans and the exterior control. They are the same size.

I hope that helps. I've had one in my 120 qt coolerdor for two years with no trouble.