• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I bet they're great but ...

How can the Robustos and Panetelas be $1,000 and the Toro $139 with fre shipping? Casting a jaundiced eye.

How can the Robustos and Panetelas be $1,000 and the Toro $139 with fre shipping? Casting a jaundiced eye.
The panatela and robusto I believe are OR from 07/08. The others are marked as 2017 blends.

I could buy 5.58 boxes of my favorite cigar for that kind of money!

The new ones are blended Hirochi Robaina and are probably pretty good cigars at a fifth the price of the Pepins. $8/gar

What I don't get. Is how they are trying to market this as a recreated blend when the OR uses A Nicaraguan Corojo wrapper, while the 2017 uses a Ecuadorian Habano Claro. I don't know how similar those two wrapper leaves are but doesn't much of the flavor come from the wrapper? I'd be willing to at least try a 5er to find how it compares to my memory of the OR's. I remember the OR's being a pretty solid smoke. A Cohiba from the 80's/90's type flavor, as it was once marketed? Some similarity. I have had only a couple samples from that era so take that with a grain of salt.

There's plenty of fools out there with money that think if it cost a lot, it must be way worth the asking price, and they have to have it.

I remember when the Partagas 150 & 160 came out and they were over a thousand dollars a box. All marketing!!
That was in the 90's and some vendors are still trying to recoup their losses with clever marketing. I bought a couple of boxes several years ago of the 160 Robusto Minor for almost
$300.00, and even at that huge price savings I feel my money could have been better spent elsewhere. Good cigar, but not that good....

https://www.cigar.com/mobile/p/partagas-150-signature-series-cigars/1411791/

There's plenty of fools out there with money that think if it cost a lot, it must be way worth the asking price, and they have to have it.

I remember when the Partagas 150 & 160 came out and they were over a thousand dollars a box. All marketing!!
That was in the 90's and some vendors are still trying to recoup their losses with clever marketing. I bought a couple of boxes several years ago of the 160 Robusto Minor for almost
$300.00, and even at that huge price savings I feel my money could have been better spent elsewhere. Good cigar, but not that good....

https://www.cigar.com/mobile/p/partagas-150-signature-series-cigars/1411791/
I knew some that bought those expensive Partagas. Status seekers who were sold the idea that possessions make the person. "More money than sense" could have their motto. :)