• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I got a chance to meet eBay CEO Meg Whitman last night!

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
On Tuesday, October 9th, eBay CEO Meg Whitman hosted a fund raiser in Greenwich, CT for Mitt Romney. Mitt wasn't there but she was the "draw." It was a fairly small crowd of 50 to 60 or so and she made it a point to talk to everyone there and gave a very nice speech/presentation on Romney's campaign. She's on his national fund raising committee and has hosted a few of these around the country.

She's a VERY NICE, gracious, down to earth lady and it was great fun talking to her. She became CEO of eBay in the late 1990s when they only employed 30 or so people and had around 14M in yearly sales. Now they employ over 14,000 people and their sales last year were over 7 BILLION. :0

Okay who here HAS NOT bought or sold anything on eBay?

Thanks to eBay, I was able to fully stock my tool box with Snap-On tools most of which I bought for less than 50 cents on the dollar and I even bought my '86 Jag on eBay as well (the one in my profile picture). I can't even remember the other great deals I've found on eBay over the years.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool to meet her.

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to talk to her about their tobacco policy. :laugh:

Is she single? :D :sign:

She opened for Mitt Romney? I didn't realize he was that big...

Is she single? :D :sign:

She opened for Mitt Romney? I didn't realize he was that big...

:laugh:

Sorry KB, she's married to a neurosurgeon and has two sons in college. :(

Oh well, if I hear she's getting a divorce, I promise you'll be the first to know!

A pawn of the French! Bill has gone over to the "one-worlders"

That's pretty cool. I enjoyed my recent conversation with the Newmans and the president of Corona Cigars. It's interesting to get their perspective on things...

It's unfortunate that she/Mitt could only draw 60 heads, even in CT. Sounds like it was a good time, Bill.

I think that's cool. Any CEO who started in the dotcom era and still has her chair must be a pretty savvy person

I remember the guy who founded Ebay, kinda looked like one of the guys in the band Primus.

Ebay was one of the first dotcom to figure out how to generate a profit off the world wide web.

I love eBay. I buy a wide variety of stuff there, everythnig from dress shoes to sporting goods. Even a couple of decent cigar cutters. Best thing I found were some B-24 Liberator items I used to decorate my home office. My dad flew B-24 in WWII, and found some really amazing stuff cheap on Ebay.

eBay is not a company I would associate with Romney given its SF heritage. Is she a CofLDS member ?

Cparker