• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I have to say I am surprised about this community

SPIVY

THE STIG
Guys & Gals,
I have to say that I am surprised about the community. What a great group of people. I participated in secret Santa and I was blown away by the cigars my Santa sent me. I have never been part of a community that was so generous even to newbies. That is all, just saying thanks.

Cheers
Ed

This is a special place on the net.

That is why FOGs go after people they feel threaten the community. (gougers, trolls, ass-hats and the like).
This is a place to be protected.
It's all about community and trust. Break that and your screwed.

Who you kiddin'? They go after anybody regardless...

That is why FOGs go after people they feel threaten the community. (gougers, trolls, ass-hats and the like).

Hmmm, let's see 5 posts and have been here less then 2 months...

You have a lot to learn Grasshopper... :whistling:

Hmmm, let's see 5 posts and have been here less then 2 months...

You have a lot to learn Grasshopper... :whistling:
He's got nothing to learn. He went to law school. Got his arrogance implant and everything.

Doc.

One guy that gets it...

Guys & Gals,
I have to say that I am surprised about the community. What a great group of people. I participated in secret Santa and I was blown away by the cigars my Santa sent me. I have never been part of a community that was so generous even to newbies. That is all, just saying thanks.

Cheers
Ed

And one that does not...

Regardless of what? Please explain

Not meaning to thread jack.

Spivy this is indeed a special place. You obviously are a BOTL who gets it.

I just looked at all 5 of Mr. Rabbits posts and saw no evidence of anyone attacking him at all. I'm confused as to what got his panties all in a bunch!

And Spivy I agree this place is great!

Attacking?!?
No one on this thread had attacked anyone jayro75.

It just seems to be a difference of opinion.

Attacking?!?
No one on this thread had attacked anyone jayro75.

It just seems to be a difference of opinion.

I was saying that I'm confused as to why he would say that the FOG's go after anyone when there was no evidence of any disagreements in any of the posts he's made so far. The statement shows alot of animosity from someone that hasn't had any arguments here.

I didn't think anyone attacked anyone on this thread. :)

There's not a Man-jack aboard this vessel that wouldn't keelhaul their own Grandmother for the silver in her hair.

Oh wait... that's Cigar Family... this is Cigar Pass.

Whoops.

Spivy I have to agree with you. I got my secret santa gift today and it was amazing. Thanks to all of you who run this board and help us noobs along. You have my respect and loyalty.

Having just participated in my first pass, I concur, this is a great site with great folks.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Regardless of who you are, how long you've been a member here, you name it...

BTB – its not you…your responses are straight forward and to the point. Not exactly welcoming, but not a rejected response like don’t ask me, do a search you newbie.

The reason I posted and what I meant was this. I read these boards daily – I have been around cigars to know whats what…I can use this board to find answers if I have questions which is why I don’t post so I hope that answers your question. If I want to trade or buy, I’ll send a PM. What and how I use this board is my business as long as I stick to the rules, which is also why as you stated, I have not had any conflicts with anyone. Now this post may change that and I am certain that 1 specific FOG will chime in, at which time I will have nothing to say, except I will let you all know who it is with a simple statement.

The issue I have with SOME of the FOGs on board is how quickly the FOGs and their cohorts, meaning not-so-FOGs, but are friends with a FOGs, and or have HERF’ed with, or are just friends with some real FOGs constantly take the time to read a post by an unknowing newbie and twist their genuine request for information into some kind of personal vendetta to tell them how stupid they are for a lack of better words,
instead of helping them which you all claim to do, at times you ridicule, attack lack of knowledge by posting messages such as USE SEARCH when a 1 sentence reply, 9 times out of 10 could have answered the question and not make a newb feel like a piece of sh*t. It’s like you feel newbie’s OWE you something for your experience which again you claim to share and that’s why you’re here. I believe that some of you, especially 1 of you, have such low self esteem that the only power you can feel is by belittling some helpless person from the comfort of your home where you won’t get your ass kicked. I would love to be there to see if you would SAY some of your replies posted by some of you FACE to FACE to some of these newbie’s. And I know you’re gonna say you would because again you are in the safe sanctuary of your own personal space where you are basically untouchable.

I just don’t understand all of the hostility and discontent that goes around on this board. And it shouldn't ever get to that.

And as far as making fun of someone’s profession, I would expect more out of you...and you know who you are.

With this being said, I mean no disrespect to those FOGs who truly are out to help and give advice, but it’s the handful of you who do the opposite who I also don’t mean to show disrespect, but you will not get any respect, and it’s not just me. Its those who you think are your friends as well. A rose by any other name is still a rose – so is an A$$hole!

Try Cigar Live, Mr Wabbit. All is well there. MilesMingusMonk has been banned there and can't hurt you.

What was your handle before you were banned here?

There's not a Man-jack aboard this vessel that wouldn't keelhaul their own Grandmother for the silver in her hair.

Oh wait... that's Cigar Family... this is Cigar Pass.

Whoops.

I don't think you want to paint with such a broad brush.