• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I May Have Found A New Girlfriend!

madurotrout

Padron Fan
As you may have read from my introduction, I have slowed down on my cigar purchasing and smoking.  The last couple of years I have been purchasing five packs online.  I have decided to get back into the hobby/lifestyle.

For the last couple of years, my steady girl has been the Bolivar Confradia No. 654 in Oscuro.  An awesome smoke, but I am looking for something different to peak my interest while I am getting back into cigar smoking.  You know...if you have always dated brunettes, you may want to try a blonde!  :)  I have smoked Honduran cigars for years, so I am thinking of looking at Domincan or Nicaraguan cigars for my next steady girl.

I looked online and purchased a couple of samplers and five packs to try new stuff.  What caught my eye online were the Joya De Nicaraguan Antano and Padron lines. 

I have never tried the JDN Antanos, but could not resist these dark beauties.  I picked up the sampler and liked what I tried.   I smoked one ROTT, and it started good but ended up burning hot and eneven.  I knew better than to do this, but was too excited not too.  You know the deal.  I have tried a couple since and have liked what I have tasted.  A good smoke, but not quite what I was looking for as an every occasion smoke.  I do think I will try to keep a couple of these in my humidor though.

I know I said that I wanted to try and pick a non-Honduran smoke, but I also picked up the Punch tailgating pack to have a couple of old friends for the holiday weekend.  All were good, but one was outstanding.  The Punch Gran Puro Pico Bonito knocked my socks off.  It had been years since I have had one of these, and I forgot how good they were.  I nubbed the cigar, and was dissapointed that I did have any more of these.  My history with the Punch Gran Puros have been in picking up one or a couple while visiting cigar shops, but I have never purchased a box before.  The Pico Bonito was so good the I ordered a five pack with my latest purchase to just have them in my humidor.

I am leaning towards something from the Padron line.  I purchased the Padron Sampler No. 88 and a five pack of 5000's in Maduro.  Nothing but impressed.  I have smoked these in the past, and have always found them to be a good quality smoke.  Very good bang for the buck.  I have been nubbing these everytime I light one up, and cannot wait for the UPS man to get here today.  :) 

If you pick the Padron 5000 Maduro as your new girlfriend you got yourself a real hussy.  I bet she's been with just about everyone who enjoys a good cigar  :)

JackSchwartz said:
If you pick the Padron 5000 Maduro as your new girlfriend you got yourself a real hussy.  I bet she's been with just about everyone who enjoys a good cigar  :)

...no kidding, Jack.  That girl is, as they say, 'popular'..... :p

BlindedByScience said:

...no kidding, Jack.  That girl is, as they say, 'popular'..... :p

Little miss 5000 has too big a booty for me.  I like her sister, 2000 Maduro.  She may be shorter than 5000 but she still knows how to take care of a guy.  

I am a booty type of guy.  I like something my hands can grab a hold of...

BTW, I did get a fiver today of both 2000 and 3000 in Maduro to sample as well.  I plan on getting a box of something for my birthday early next month.  Leaning towards the 5000.

madurotrout said:
I am a booty type of guy.  I like something my hands can grab a hold of...

Where is Grateful1 with a link when you need him.  :laugh:

whylieineedacigar said:
I love my 2000's also :p but I like the darker and less "natural" version :whistling:

You wait until I see your wife again - LOL. :cool:

We're going to have to work this out buddy, my Gf is the 3000 Maduro, actually bought a box today I was missing her so. How about we just work out one week on, one week off ( and I hear devious minds playing games with that bit of sentence ). It is just a great smoke you can always count on.

I'm in love with 2000 and 5000, but i like them natural.
Ok i admit, i also love the slim londres  :whistling:

Mr.Smoke said:
I'm in love with 2000 and 5000, but i like them natural.
Ok i admit, i also love the slim londres  :whistling:

"Nothing wrong with skinny girls!"  :)

Madurotrout, Based on your old girl, did you ever cheat on her with any of the JR Ultimates? Similar, sort of, but much better flavor. (I love the Ecuador Sumatra wrapper)

I really loved Llaneza's blending style and I smoked his blends exclusively, for several years, before discovering the Pre-Sandinista Joya de Nicaragua. 

I do like other cigars more these days but, these I actually get a craving for their unique spicy earthiness.

MadMonk said:
Madurotrout, Based on your old girl, did you ever cheat on her with any of the JR Ultimates? Similar, sort of, but much better flavor. (I love the Ecuador Sumatra wrapper)

I really loved Llaneza's blending style and I smoked his blends exclusively, for several years, before discovering the Pre-Sandinista Joya de Nicaragua. 

I do like other cigars more these days but, these I actually get a craving for their unique spicy earthiness.

Yes.  I am a fan of the JR Ultimates.  I like or have tried the Habnitos, Principales, Rothschilds, and Toros.  I have not tried the Frank Llaneza' 1961's, but they are on my wish or try list.

madurotrout said:

Yes.  I am a fan of the JR Ultimates.  I like or have tried the Habnitos, Principales, Rothschilds, and Toros.  I have not tried the Frank Llaneza' 1961's, but they are on my wish or try list.

My favorite of the JR Ultimates is the Petit Corona in the Ecuador Sumatra Wrapper. I haven't tried the 1961, yet, either. The price has come down considerably since their release, so I will probably tag some singles or a fiver on my next order.

P5000 is like a door knob, everyone gets a turn......  Tell her I said hello  :love:

Some of my recent dates...

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11934]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11935]

*Girls I have decided that I need to keep around(sticks to have on hand at all times in humidor):

Padron & Padron 1964
Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970
CAO MX2
Punch Gran Puro
Punch

*Girls I have been impressed with:

CAO LX2
CAO OSA Sol

*Girls that I have had previously, but want to try again to see if my tastes have changed:

Padron 1926
Fuente products
AVO Maduro
Ashton Virgin Sun Grown
Mayorga
JR Ultimates
Camacho Triple Maduro
Bolivar Confradia

*Girls that I need to try(Newer smokes that I have not got around to trying.):

Illusione
Padron Family Reserve
Liga Privada No. 9
My Father & My Father Le Bijou 1922
Saint Luis Rey Gen 2
San Cristobal
Tatuaje Havana VI
La Gloria Cubana Serie N

*Girls I have liked previously, but have had poor interactions/smokes with during my reintroduction to cigars(I am not sure if my tastes have changed, or maybe these were just bad sticks.  I am willing to give them another try because of past experiences.):

Excalibur
Saint Luis Rey Serie G
Liga Undercrown
Rocky Patel The Edge

*Girls I have no interest in:

Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo
CYB
La Gloria Cubana Serie R
La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black
Perdermo Habano
Perdermo Lot 23
Punch Rare Corojo

For a good time call Jdn Antano Churchill. :p

Oliva O Churchill maduro is a sweetie, too.