• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I Really MISS the La Flor Dominicana Litto Gomez Diez

stogie fan

Several years ago I was fortunate to have a very good vendor from Arizona throw in a couple of 'freebies' with a box purchase of LFD Maduro 'Digger.'
I certainly was not expecting to be the recipient of the two additional cigars; they retailed for ~$30 total for the two sticks.
Of course I sent Sam & Rosie a thank you email letting them both know how much I really appreciated their very kind & generous gesture.

One of the two freebie cigars I received from Sam & Rosie was a La Flor Dominicana Litto Gomez Diez Cubano 5 x 50. :cool:
When I eventually tried the cigar It was love at first puff. 😍
I went on to purchase the LFD LG Diez in several vitolas as singles, 5 packs, and a couple of boxes.
There is just something very special (to me) about the LG Diez blend, and it seems to translate very well through all the different vitolas.

Over time it has been nearly impossible to locate the LFD LG Diez in any size.
Last February, 2020, I wrote to LFD, and I was surprised to hear back from LFD VP of Sales, Jon Carney.
Mr. Carney explained that other 'projects' were interfering with the intended re-introduction of the LG Diez blend, and that we should be seeing the Diez back in the market before years' (2020) end. Needless to say I was very excited to hear the news that LFD intended to re-introduce the LG Diez blend.
Last March, 2020, LFD reduced their sales rep staff by 50%, and I am unsure of the direction of LFD as a company that produces excellent cigars.
The last I spoke with Mr. Carney was August, 2020, when Jon stated to me the, "standard LG line is delayed, for now."
Jon did suggest the LG Small Batch line, which I have several of those in storage but I really prefer the LG Diez puro, over any Small Batch I have tried, and I have tried most.

I haven't smoked a magnificent LG Diez blend in several years, and I am really 'jonesing' for one. :p
I can honestly say that the LG Diez blend has been one of my all time favorites, and I will sure be gald if I can ever get my grubby mitts on a few of them in the future.
I really miss the LFD LG Diez. :(

Several years ago I was fortunate to have a very good vendor from Arizona throw in a couple of 'freebies' with a box purchase of LFD Maduro 'Digger.'
I certainly was not expecting to be the recipient of the two additional cigars; they retailed for ~$30 total for the two sticks.
Of course I sent Sam & Rosie a thank you email letting them both know how much I really appreciated their very kind & generous gesture.

One of the two freebie cigars I received from Sam & Rosie was a La Flor Dominicana Litto Gomez Diez Cubano 5 x 50. :cool:
When I eventually tried the cigar It was love at first puff. 😍
I went on to purchase the LFD LG Diez in several vitolas as singles, 5 packs, and a couple of boxes.
There is just something very special (to me) about the LG Diez blend, and it seems to translate very well through all the different vitolas.

Over time it has been nearly impossible to locate the LFD LG Diez in any size.
Last February, 2020, I wrote to LFD, and I was surprised to hear back from LFD VP of Sales, Jon Carney.
Mr. Carney explained that other 'projects' were interfering with the intended re-introduction of the LG Diez blend, and that we should be seeing the Diez back in the market before years' (2020) end. Needless to say I was very excited to hear the news that LFD intended to re-introduce the LG Diez blend.
Last March, 2020, LFD reduced their sales rep staff by 50%, and I am unsure of the direction of LFD as a company that produces excellent cigars.
The last I spoke with Mr. Carney was August, 2020, when Jon stated to me the, "standard LG line is delayed, for now."
Jon did suggest the LG Small Batch line, which I have several of those in storage but I really prefer the LG Diez puro, over any Small Batch I have tried, and I have tried most.

I haven't smoked a magnificent LG Diez blend in several years, and I am really 'jonesing' for one. :p
I can honestly say that the LG Diez blend has been one of my all time favorites, and I will sure be gald if I can ever get my grubby mitts on a few of them in the future.
I really miss the LFD LG Diez. :(
I was curious where those drifted off too. Well if I find any, I’m let you know. I miss them too.

Not sure why the LG Diez blend fell off the map but I have a guess.
LFD is basically known for bold flavor, high strength cigars, and the average retail buyer of the LFD brand is most likely searching for that type of cigar.

The LG Diez blend, IMO, is not in that category; the blend is a puro with all the tobacco being grown in the Dominican Republic, if not in fact at the La Canella farm, and the Cuban seed wrapper is shade grown, which takes extra care & time in growing. A true puro takes extra efforts to produce.
I don't see the LG Diez blend as being a particularly 'good fit' for the overall LFD scheme of tobacco production, and cigars that retail buyers expect from the company. After all, a company is in business ultimately to make a healthy profit. Having said all of the above, Litto Gomez has mentioned several times that the LG Diez was his most favorite accomplishment as a producer of fine tobacco, and cigars. Even ones' most favored accomplishments may not be that great for business.

I have a sneaking suspicion that one day down the road we will see the LG Diez return but in a very limited production, and with a price point premium previously unheard of. I could be wrong but my palette awaits with great anticipation.

Carney talked about it in an interview with Cigar Coop last year. The LG Diez has always been a vintage release that they don't always do every year. The last few years LFD has been focused on other stuff. Here's hoping it's coming soon.

Also of note, the Small Batch No. 7 is still out there here and there. The Small Batch always tastes a lot more full to me, but it has similar DNA.

Carney talked about it in an interview with Cigar Coop last year. The LG Diez has always been a vintage release that they don't always do every year. The last few years LFD has been focused on other stuff. Here's hoping it's coming soon.

Also of note, the Small Batch No. 7 is still out there here and there. The Small Batch always tastes a lot more full to me, but it has similar DNA.

Thanks for chiming in :)

After Mr. Carney stated last August, 2020 that the Diez line was, "delayed, for now" he suggested I search for some Small Batch # 7, which are no longer numbered as such.
I purchased a few, smoked a couple, the rest are in storage but I much prefer the Diez over any Small Batch I have tried. To me the Small Batch series is a different animal than the LG Diez blend.
As far as the Small Batch series, the #3 & the #5 were may favorites, of the ones I have tried but they still don't ring my bell like the Diez puro blend.

The Double Ligero 'Digger' was actually the first LFD I ever had, and many years ago.
I have puffed Diggers for 3 solid hours; they are huge cigars but I rarely smoke them now. It's just TOO MUCH cigar at one sitting.

Still have 7 Diggers left from a box that's been in storage since August, 2017.
My favorite size is the Lancero but I think the wrapper is different than the Digger.
Have 6 Lanceros left from a box from July, 2019, and 15 Lanceros from a box from June, 2020.
I am set for Double Ligero 😍

Now, all I need are some Diez. 😎

One of my favorites was the Serious Cigars (Houston, TX) LFD Unreleased.
I had a few boxes of those but they are all gone now.
Serious Cigars was bought out by some other vendor so, they don't make the 'Unreleased' for Serious Cigars any longer. :mad:

Last edited:
I didn't know these were out of regular production. I was just in a B&M the other day and asked if they had any. They did not.

That's one of my favorite blends but haven't had one in years. They are getting pretty scarce anymore, but if you can find a Bad to the Bone 2007 (or was it 2008?) I would definitely recommend it. If memory serves me it was the Diez blend with a different wrapper and was out of this world.

That's one of my favorite blends but haven't had one in years. They are getting pretty scarce anymore, but if you can find a Bad to the Bone 2007 (or was it 2008?) I would definitely recommend it. If memory serves me it was the Diez blend with a different wrapper and was out of this world.
Clint, I have ONE more 2008 left. Those were amazing.

Carney was on Coop's "Big Game" show again this year as has become their tradition. It sounds like the LG Diez will definitely be back later on this year after the COVID-delay in 2020. YooToob linky, fast forward to 3:31:00

In the past & before I smoked every single Diez I ever purchased, I had these in at least four vitolas; Dominicano, Oriental, Lusitano, Americano.
Wish I had purchased some extra boxes all those years ago.
A one of a kind blend, IMO.

This is at my local B&M, but now that I re-read your post I don't think it was what your looking for...
View attachment 39366

Re: My previous post (#5)

You are correct: The Litto Gomez Diez, which is a Dominican puro, and the Litto Gomez Small Batch series are completely different animals.
I much prefer the Litto Gomez Diez blend over the Small Batch series.
I currently have three Small Batch #7 left; they are asleep in the humi, getting some much needed aging.