• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I tried to become a zombie

modo22

Well yesterday and today are the first days in the last 10 that I have felt human again! Last Tuesday I tested positive for influenza A. Scary thing was that a few days prior, that Sunday, I had made a quick 32 hour trip to Vegas and had a lot of contact with all sorts. I was slightly worried about that corona virus but luckily I got to settle for the bird flu. I caught it quick though and was able to get some meds.

I was quarantined to my house for 7 days where I spent 3 days with a nasty fever and the next 4 straight with a migraine. Awesome way to watch the super bowl (plus it was 72 and sunny out). But I am back to the living and taking it slow! I haven’t been that sick since the early 2000s. If you feel the symptoms go get checked ASAP. If you can catch it with in 48 hours the meds will help kill the symptoms in 2 to 3 days, or else I guess they last weeks.

Looking forward to a cigar, maybe this weekend since it will be a balmy 45.

Sounds like you almost became Zombie Dust.

Glad you are feeling better... My wife has the flu right now, and was partially the reason we are still in (miserable) Seattle, with the cold rainy weather... Hoping she gets better soon and I don’t catch it...

Oh, man! Glad you are on the mend. That's scary stuff with what's going on in the world right now. Glad it was just the regular flu...

Glad you are feeling better... My wife has the flu right now, and was partially the reason we are still in (miserable) Seattle, with the cold rainy weather... Hoping she gets better soon and I don’t catch it...
Don’t smoke any corona’s. Or drink them for that matter. Stick with non-Virus sized cigars.

I always use Stolichnaya for the flu. Sounds like a joke but it's true. Not that one gets pickled, more in moderation. Gotta keep hydrated so moderation and drinking other fluids complement the mighty Stolis. :)

I wish smoking cigars worked but it only wastes a good cigar. :( On the plus side, when you finally feel like you can enjoy s cigar it will be devine! :p

Last edited:
Glad you are better! My daughter (who is away at college) came down with B the other day. Thankfully it was pretty mild though she felt like hell and got bronchitis to boot, but a trip to the local urgent care fixed her right up.

Funny thing was, the school clinic told her she didn’t have the flu. I couldn’t deal with how she looked and sounded (thank you Apple FaceTime) so I drove and picked her up, and brought her home to docs here. Luckily and strangely enough none of her roommates got sick. Well I think one felt a little bad one day but was better the next. For days we walked around with “masks” on when near her and she had to stay at her mothers, not my place lol.

Glad you are better! My daughter (who is away at college) came down with B the other day. Thankfully it was pretty mild though she felt like hell and got bronchitis to boot, but a trip to the local urgent care fixed her right up.

Funny thing was, the school clinic told her she didn’t have the flu. I couldn’t deal with how she looked and sounded (thank you Apple FaceTime) so I drove and picked her up, and brought her home to docs here. Luckily and strangely enough none of her roommates got sick. Well I think one felt a little bad one day but was better the next. For days we walked around with “masks” on when near her and she had to stay at her mothers, not my place lol.
Glad she’s ok now. I’m trying to fight off anything developing in my lungs too. With how bad it seems to be this season I would have no problem wearing a mask for awhile. BUT I just can’t hide this beautiful smile 😀

Glad she’s ok now. I’m trying to fight off anything developing in my lungs too. With how bad it seems to be this season I would have no problem wearing a mask for awhile. BUT I just can’t hide this beautiful smile 😀

Haha! Well the masks were really to protect us from giving it to my wife’s daughters newborn, and my FiL. Unfortunately my FiL passed last week (not from this!!!) and it wasn’t unexpected, but we were being very cautious. I even bought masks to give to her mother since she had to stay there, and her mother and brother did not catch anything, surprising enough.

Haha! Well the masks were really to protect us from giving it to my wife’s daughters newborn, and my FiL. Unfortunately my FiL passed last week (not from this!!!) and it wasn’t unexpected, but we were being very cautious. I even bought masks to give to her mother since she had to stay there, and her mother and brother did not catch anything, surprising enough.
Well glad it didn’t spread but I am sorry to hear about your FiL.