• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione ~eccj~ 20th Anniversary Mini Review

mjolnir01

El Cañón de Latón
Alright, I said I was going to try to do more mini reviews, so time to put up or shut up...

Smoked out on my back patio, a balmy 52 degree day in Las Vegas. Paired with Gulden Draak.

Flavor profile was Epernay plus... the familiar nuts & honey I get out of the Epernay line cigars, but with a touch of white pepper at the back of the throat with the first few puffs, rather than the hints of red pepper the Epernay delivers. The first third brought forth a whole lot of bakers' spice as well--cloves, allspice. Pumpkin spices, almost. Flavors of autumn. Nice.

This profile continued into the second third, where the honey morphed into more of a candy-like flavor... butterscotch! Delightful. The ash is really pretty flaky and messy, but I'm not too picky about that.

Going into the final third, the eccj 20th bitters a little, but after a purge the butterscotch is back, along with some Illusione-signature floral notes and very faint hints of banana. I take it down to the nub and call it a day.

These can still be found if you look around a bit. No brainer box split/box purchase in my book.

Happy New Year, folks. Thanks for reading!

index.php

edited to add photo

Last edited:
Great review Barry. I've been looking to get something different by Dion. I think I'll probably give these a go. Sound right up my alley. I forgot about Jim's taking orders! But, I have some good sources.