• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm Moving! Holt Cr$p!!

vortex

"A billion Eddie Barzoons jogging into the future
I've been at my present address for 15 yrs, a new personal record for stability. But life goes on and me, too. No more smoking room. :( I knew it was a luxury and now one I can no longer afford. But my new digs are quite nice A wooded area near a creek with plenty of nice outdoor smoking area. Less room but doable. I certainly can't complain. Life's been good to me so far, as Joe Walsh so aptly sang.

Edit to add: It is as easy a move as one can imagine. About a half mile! The other side of Newark. From 22 Annabelle to 11 White Clay Dr. A local bike path connects them so I could move via bicycle!
:)

Last edited:
Congrats. I'm moving at this moment as well. Moving sucks, but it'll be over soon.

Congrats. I'm moving at this moment as well. Moving sucks, but it'll be over soon.
Yep! Back atcha Wyatt. I hope your move is as smooth as possible.

Sorry about your smoking room :( Hope the move goes well! Will be doing it myself in a couple months. I hate packing up stuff (then unpacking it) more than actually moving it lol

I truly hope the next time we move we have an estate sale, first.

Lived in our last house 12 years. We had accumulated so much stuff, and some of it I can't find 2 years later.

Nothing worse than having to buy a tool you know you have a second time.

Really hope it goes well for the move(s). I still have some boxes in the garage from 14 years ago, the contents of which have yet to be put in their place by other family members who live in the house. Each time the garage is rearranged, a few things get "lost" in the trash, cause if it hasn't been used in a couple of years (other than aging cigars of course:)), do you really need it?

I agree that moving sucks. When we moved to C'ville we bought more house then we needed with the intent that we could grow into this house and not have to move in the foreseeable future. I hope to be here for a good long time.

Moving sucks. We lived in our old house for almost 20 years and had the junk to prove it. We really had no plans on moving. But back in 2011 we lost everything in an EF5 tornado so we had nothing to move and had to start over. And I thought moving sucked.

Moving sucks. We lived in our old house for almost 20 years and had the junk to prove it. We really had no plans on moving. But back in 2011 we lost everything in an EF5 tornado so we had nothing to move and had to start over. And I thought moving sucked.
Wow, now that's life changing! The older I get the more the adage "Could be worse" leaves my lips. I'm glad you survived it.

I dread moving now. I moved 4 times in 3 years and finally settled in to my current house where I've been since 2009. I'll most likely be moving in the next 6 month and like others have said, I have accumulated WAY too much stuff. I don't even know where to begin to start thinning stuff out.

Good luck to hose dealing with a move.

Wow, now that's life changing! The older I get the more the adage "Could be worse" leaves my lips. I'm glad you survived it.

Thanks Vortex. We were actually one of the lucky ones, being we were uninjured. Well over 1,000 people were injured and 161 killed.
It was the deadliest tornado in several decades. Most everyone that wasn't injured or killed deal with emotional scars.
It was almost a mile wide with winds of 265 mph and was only going 7-8 mph. It takes a while for a mile of that to finally move past you.
2 weeks after the tornado I was talking to a lady that is an ER RN and was working when the tornado hit and she told me they treated over 1,000 people that night at the hospital and 300 people didn't make it. How the official death toll is 161, I don't know. But I truly feel it is bogus. And people were rushed to hospitals over a 300 mile radius for treatment.

Sorry for the threadjack, I don't talk about it often, but I think about it almost daily. Yes, it was life changing for lots of people. But my wife and I are both doing well, we just get a little leary when severe weather is headed our way. We go to a safe place as it gets close.
Again, I apologize for taking this moving thread off topic.

No apologies necessary, brother. Nature tooth and nail thread jacks us all in the end.

I hate moving as well. Between grad school and post doc positions we moved 4-6 times, not counting the times we split up so that projects could be finished or housing established between jobs. I'm always amazed at our accumulated junk.

Good luckl on the move, long or short, it is never easy. I hate moving, I am on my 7th home/city since 2004. I am ready for this to be my last or 2nd to last move hopefully! I am grateful I can do this as a s.i.n.k. guy; I can't imagine doing this with a whole family attached.

Never underestimate the amount of crap that can accumulate in one's home. Moving ALWAYS exposes it. Good luck with the new pad.

Good luckl on the move, long or short, it is never easy. I hate moving, I am on my 7th home/city since 2004. I am ready for this to be my last or 2nd to last move hopefully! I am grateful I can do this as a s.i.n.k. guy; I can't imagine doing this with a whole family attached.

Where is the ultimate ending up spot?

Where is the ultimate ending up spot?
I assume the answer to which you are alluding has something to do with the end of our duration in this thing we call life. The first job I had to get a SS card to perform was at Riverview graveyard. I actually quit HS to get this peach of a job. The job convinced me to go back to school but not before driving home that very point. No one gets out alive! :D Or maybe you just meant the last abode before that appointment?

I assume the answer to which you are alluding has something to do with the end of our duration in this thing we call life. The first job I had to get a SS card to perform was at Riverview graveyard. I actually quit HS to get this peach of a job. The job convinced me to go back to school but not before driving home that very point. No one gets out alive! :D Or maybe you just meant the last abode before that appointment?

Haha, yes your ultimate abode/city/spot before the rapture, LOL.